Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 2500 when I put the truck in 4 wheel drive the truck drives really bad it pulls the steering wheel side to side and feel a lot of binding even when driving straight I can’t go over 30 mph without feeling that my truck is going to in to a ditch , I checked my front driveshaft u joints and they look ok , I don’t know what can it be any help will be appreciate it

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Sounds like your 4WD works as intended.
It's just not intended to be used on dry or hard surfaces, which from what you describe is what you're subjecting it to.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Need to add some vehicle details to get targeted help. Start with any modifications done to the vehicle; lift kit, tire size, any work done on the front end, vehicle mileage. Are you having any problems in 2WD on the road (wandering, darting, death wobble?) Condition of tires and shocks? Any unusual wear on the tires?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Jimmy N. Is correct.
Sounds like you are driving on dry pavement which 4 wheel drive is not intended for.
Also if you keep doing this you will have U joint problems and more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck is 2005 2500 automatic with manual shifting for the 4wd has a 3 inch leveling kit , Upper and Lower Control Arms for 2-3" Lift , steering Stabilizer Bar tires are 33s ko2 . I plow with these truck during the winter didn’t drove on dry pavement, while plowing driveways it was ok but when driving at the street I had to take it out of 4hi because I cannot over 25 0r 30 mph that truck will pull side to side it was hard maintain the truck in my lane . While in 2wd drives normal.

·
Registered
645 Posts
front axle u-joints may be defective

1 - 6 of 6 Posts