Cummins Diesel Forum banner

4" vs. 5" exhaust and downloader ?????????

959 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GET R DONE6.7 
#1 ·
what is the real difference in the 4" vs the 5" TBE? i dont have any other mods as of right now. but i am planing on doing intake, exhaust, and some sorta downloader. i am not sure as to which one yet. i have heard that the XRT is good as well as the SMARTY. but i like the way the edge juice w/ attitude has the monitor to display the boost, egt, and whatever else. so what do you guys suggest?

#2 ·
I dont think the edge is code free, The 5 inch will give you a lower EGT. I have the XRT,5 inch tbe and a air raid cai and Ive seen up 23mpg on the overhead. Its all preference, Myself I dont like a check engine light on in a brandnew truck!

#6 ·
Welcome to the CF!!

4" is going to cool a little slower and have not as deep of an exhaust note as the 5" exhaust, but either will perform well. I highly suggest getting either a Smarty or H&S product. If you like the Edge, there is the Edge Race version of the Juice with Attitude. If your wanting a monitor, there is also the H&S Black Maxx. It is high dollar, but it is a great product! Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
4" or 5" tbe, both are great. It depends if you wanna run BIG POWER, if you just want a cai, tbe exhaust and a tuner then 4" is PLENTY. What ever you choose go with pay a little more and go with stainless steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.