Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think is better sound and EGT wise. 4 or 5 inch straight pipe? If anyone has any pictures of the 5" they have I would like to see some please...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
well the 4" is said only to be good till about 500 hp. As far as sound goes, the 5" will be deeper, and the egts will be lower, because you are letting it breathe more.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I assumed about the egts. I just dont want to have to take my spare off if I were to put 5 inch on. I have heard numerous stories of having to remove it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
u shouldnt have to there was just a post on it where a guy said u didnt have too

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That is what I assumed about the egts. I just dont want to have to take my spare off if I were to put 5 inch on. I have heard numerous stories of having to remove it.
Ran a 5" on my 02' and it fit just fine without having to remove the spare!

K

·
0 Posts
4inch is all the bigger you actually need five is just deeper there is no egt reduction going from 4inch to 5inch no matter what power your making you wont see a increase in power goin from 4inch to 5inch

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
my 5" fit with the spare tire its kinda tight but it will fit and yea egts arent much different from 4" i like my 5" though if you get either a 4" or 5" dont make the mistake i did, dont get a muffler :party018:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You also have to think the 5" has a 4" downpipe... so its only 5" from the downpipe back...

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
4" will take you over 600hp if you want it too...only reason i bought a 5" is because of the sound...it is deeper...dont worry about your 4" being restrective though...egt difference will be very small, not enough to buy one over the other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts