Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

4" Ss Vs 5" Ss

1130 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  avid
OK, I am trying to get my truck loud. After reading and reading it is looking like 5" SS is the best for this. Is this correct and what brand do you guys recommend?

P.S. Can I save by buying as a kit with the SMARTY, if so who does this becides bay area diesel?

As always,
Thanks
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Go 5" if you want loud. Also, stainless vs. aluminized really doesn't make any difference on sound.

Both XRT and Smarty are great programmers...However, I'd recommend an H&S Performance XRT tuner with the 5" TBE from my buddy James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel.

He's a great guy, just give him a call and get his opinions. He really knows his stuff.

James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel - (219) 851-1195

· Registered
2,057 Posts
I would sugest the smarty and the 5inch. Both the smarty and xrt are awesome programers. I just like the smarty cause it is more adjustable. But the xrt you can run an aftermarket turbo with no codes, but im sure smarty will have that function someday. Anyways either programer and the 5 inch for loud! And i also suggest James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel, he is an A+ guy. Here is his web page Rollin' Smoke Diesel - Diesel Perfomance Parts

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Sorry fellas, but I'm a Coors Light fan, myself. LOL

· Registered
1,157 Posts

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
I lost money with BADP, and so did a few others. Be careful with them...
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/b...-diesel-performance-badp-dpf-egr-deletes.html

I went with a Ansa Silverline T304 5" TB setup and love it. Price wasn't bad either for a T304 setup.

T304 will NOT rust, T409 will surface rust - both are grades of stainless.
I've seen surgical SS rust...

Anything can rust except ALuminum, Titanium, Scandium, and a few others.

As long as a material is ferrous (Check your periodic elements chart...Iron- Fe), it will rust eventually.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I've seen surgical SS rust...

Anything can rust except ALuminum, Titanium, Scandium, and a few others.

As long as a material is ferrous (Check your periodic elements chart...Iron- Fe), it will rust eventually.
:nerd:

Okay, but T304 will NOT rust as fast as T409 and in the salt belt, mine still doesn't have any rust on it.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
:nerd:

Okay, but T304 will NOT rust as fast as T409 and in the salt belt, mine still doesn't have any rust on it.
:hehe:

If you saw me, you wouldn't call me a nerd...Maybe a dumb-looking redneck...but definitely not a nerd...:hehe: :hehe:

The only reason I know so much about metal, is because I'm a metal fabricator...

I have been messing with metal for about 10 years now. Been welding for about 10 years also.

It's just stuff you pick-up on after a while...:thumbsup:

· Registered
5,315 Posts
I got the FloPro 5" Stainless(304) TBE and the Smarty also from James at Rollin Smoke Diesel. He was the best price, and he LIVES on this site and is ready to help 24/7 (He took my order on a Sunday) I went with the FloPro because it has the welded hangers and I like to do a little light off roading and have had the clamp hangers move around, Just my .02

· Registered
2,057 Posts
I have the 4inch but plan on getting 5inch tb. I got the 4 cause it was cheaper at the time of my original purchase of the h&s delete kit when they where still fairly new...

· Registered
1,899 Posts
:hehe:

If you saw me, you wouldn't call me a nerd...Maybe a dumb-looking redneck...but definitely not a nerd...:hehe: :hehe:

The only reason I know so much about metal, is because I'm a metal fabricator...

I have been messing with metal for about 10 years now. Been welding for about 10 years also.

It's just stuff you pick-up on after a while...:thumbsup:

I can vouche for the dumb looking redneck :hehe:

I to would also reccomend the XRT with 5" SS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.