Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

4' or 5' turbo back exhaust

3592 8
Hi i have an 07 dodge ram 3500 with a 6.7 cummins with 105,000 km. I am going to do deletes on it but can not decide what exhaust to buy a 5"or 4" with a muffler. The prices are about the same for both, My only concern on the 5" is drone noise. Which do you think is better for daily driving and some towing, And also how hard would it be to install in my drive way
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the 5" TBE and have run it with the muffler and now run it without. Both ways produce drone at around 2,000-2,100 rpm. I can't say it's significantly different with or without the muffler but it's there either way. My understanding is that if you plan on running serious power or if you want a louder exhaust, go with the 5" otherwise the 4" will breathe more than sufficiently.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have what is in my signature. With the 5" FloPro with a muffler, there is no drone. I had my shop weld the pieces together rather than rely on the clamps that came with the exhaust. Guys have complained about the exhaust droning because these clamps kept the pieces loose. If my wife isn't complaining about it, it can't be there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
x2 on the 5", running it with the muffler and have zero drone, plus gives some headroom for the future.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
:agree2: 5 inch

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I am going with a 5" flo pro ss with a muffler. Do you think a better set of clamps for the exhaust, would stop the drone.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Might help with rattles but not drone, I have 7,500 miles on my 5 inch and haven't noticed any anoying drone but there is some at 75+ mph. FYI, also you might need to tweek some of the hangers to get the 5.9 exhaust to hang correctly. mine has no movement and i have not had any trouble with clamps comming loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.