Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what size pipe to put on my 04 dodge cummins. I have a edge with attitude and afe stage 2 magnum for on it. It's sitting right at 500 horse power. Which size do yall request?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will it be too much for my truck. or will my truck be able to push the air out of it.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
Either will be fine....your not going to gain anything with 5". It just depends on what you like as far as looks.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
if you have an 04.5 it allready has 4" and your truck will have no prob. with the 5". it needs to breath, if your pushing that much HP you need the 5" jmo. :peelout

·
Registered
54 Posts
what size for....

a 2000 24 valve with no mods? i need an exhaust system and was thinking of going bigger (like 5") since i needed a new system anyway. can i put 5" on a stock motor or should i move down to 4" or something else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
4inch is just fine, only go five if you like it LOUD...... especially above 70 mph obsessive ,headache LOUD

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just put a FBD 5" w/muffler on mine it's not that load, at an idle I don't think it any louder. At 70mph it's got a great sound I can even hear the radio down low:lol3: When you put the hammer down it sounds great.IMO:peelout

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just put the 5" FBD T/B kit on and i freaking LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Conrow and Goldgoat fill out your sig so we know your truck. it help us pick it apart:lol3::rof:beer Love that FBD 5"

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got an intake im waiting to put on my truck(as soon as it arrives from factory) and i want exhaust that isn't pdf delete, i like to looks of the dual 4" but without a chip or flash tuner is it even worth putting duals? or should i stick to a single 4" or 5"?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Under 600hp you are not gaining anything with a 5" over a 4". I have a 5" exhaust and it is nice, not bad at all on the highway. I don't know of much of a gain other then the cool looks of duals over singles.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Call Gus at Farmboys Diesel

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
I have an MBRP 5" Turbo-Back, with no catalytic converter, and a 6" MBRP Stainless Steel tip.

I am very pleased with the 5" kit!

Go with the 5!

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
It's the difference between what you need and what you want. The 4" is plenty for your truck and even straight piped is loud as hell. If you have the money for a 5" do it because personally if I did I would myself just for the bling factor.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
do a 4 inch down pipe into a straight piped 5 . Thats what i have sounds sweet not overly load inless your rollin the coal .And its nice on the highway no drone :peelout

·
Registered
106 Posts
I basically bought my CTD to pull our travel-trailer (typically @ 65) so as much as I'd like the 5" exhaust I worry that any droning or obnoxious sound levels is gonna agitate everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts