Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been under the impression that all 04.5 and later dodges came with 4" exhaust from turbo back. I recently checked out silverline, and RPM outlet, and both offer 4" down pipes for 04.5 and later trucks. They claim gaines in power and torque with their Down pipes. What is the difference with theres and the ones already on the truck?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Maybe the fact it may have fewer bends and/or fewer deviations inside the pipe. The 04.5-07 5.9s do have a 4" from the turbo back but has some odd bends in it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone changed theres completely? I had my factory exhaust modified...Muffler, CAT. Would i notice any difference if i switched to a complete kit like Silverline? I have been debating on a 5" Stainless w/ downpipe, would there be a noticeable difference than a modified stock other than sound? Currently it just has the crud removed, and a free flowing muffler from Warpspeed on it.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Has anyone changed theres completely? I had my factory exhaust modified...Muffler, CAT. Would i notice any difference if i switched to a complete kit like Silverline? I have been debating on a 5" Stainless w/ downpipe, would there be a noticeable difference than a modified stock other than sound? Currently it just has the crud removed, and a free flowing muffler from Warpspeed on it.
I am running a 5" currently and I like it. The biggest difference is the exhaust note. But my cruising EGTS are a little better and when I lay on it they are down by 100* or so.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does Stainless make any difference in sound? Also, does the 5" have a bad drone? I thought about the Silverline, but i read a thread on how they take out the turbo whistle, and had a bad drone, Maybe a Hushpower would be a good substitute?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Well mine is not a silverline but I lost no whistle with my 5" not real noticeable drone either. If you run it without a muffler I can see how it would have a drone to it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one i have on it now will give you a major headache...lol The guy at WSP said it was a great unit, but it has a raspyness to it and a terrible drone at 65-75. I imagine that most will have a little bit, but this one is nearly unbearable. He claimed it was just like a Flo-Pro, but i cant see anyone using it if its this bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts