Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to put a 4.5in lift with 37X12.50 tires. do u guys think the tires would fit?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
i would like to put a 4.5in lift with 37X12.50 tires. do u guys think the tires would fit?
i believe with just a 2" leveling kit 35"s can clear so i would say yes but more experienced people should chime in soon.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
35s look better with 4.5, but they will fit

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
They fit just fine...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
it all depends on how you like it. meaning tire size(how wide?) or even what size rims your looking for. some rims only come in certain offsets and backspacing. so you might have some issue depending on what your trying to acheive. good luck.

I have a buddy whom has a 4.5inch lift that is clearing 37's but it just doesn't look right. tires are to skinny.

but that's just my opinion. when looking at different setup's try not to just make a decision if you've only seen it from the side. try to get pictures of it all around. Because my friends truck looks good from the side but from the back its looks stange.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
heres my 07 with 35s

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
never mind files to big

·
Registered
667 Posts
4.5" and 37's fit great.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
here's mine. 6 inch on 35.4's bfg and 20's:thumbsup
kinda weird of an angle though(picture) my drive way is slanted in crazy directions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
never mind files to big
If you have a Photobucket account, one of the setting you can choose is 800 x 600. It will automatically reduce your pic and then just copy and paste the link.

If you're lazy like me, feel free and Email your pic to me and I'll get it posted for ya :woot: [email protected]

And Boz, what tires are those? What's the whole kit and kaboodle on those things :beer

·
Registered
667 Posts
your truck is begging for some black 18s..:thumbsup
Yup black wheels are definitely on the list!

If you have a Photobucket account, one of the setting you can choose is 800 x 600. It will automatically reduce your pic and then just copy and paste the link.

If you're lazy like me, feel free and Email your pic to me and I'll get it posted for ya :woot: [email protected]

And Boz, what tires are those? What's the whole kit and kaboodle on those things :beer
They are 37x12.r17 Pro Comp Extreme A/T's. Excellent tire, i need new tires as i now have about 45k miles on these and i plan to get them again except in 37x13.5's.

·
Registered
419 Posts
heres my 4.5 with 35x12.50's. mine rubbed before i trimmed and would be much worse with 37's. but if you use stock wheels you should be fine with 37's

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
J-Mo,

How wide are your 20" Rockstars?

I am leaning more toward the 35" tires because I don't want to screw with changing out the 3.73 ratios...

·
Registered
419 Posts
my rockstars are 20x10 and the toyos are 35x12.50 but actually measure 13inches wide.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you.

I am going to place my order this week -so the pressure is on!

I think I have settled on 35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T and 20x10 wheels. My 3.73 should not have to be changed I hope, as 37" I think would need 4.10 minimum.

My final decision needs to be whether I go with the 4.5" Fabtech or the 6" Fabtech lift...

Anyone want to chime in would be great.

I owe you guys a round of pictures after the job is done...

·
Registered
647 Posts
dont know if you allready ordered but I would say do the 4.5... id did 6" with 325/60/20's and it just isnt quite right... I need a 37 with my lift and like you am affraid of the 3.73's... I wish I would have went with the 4.5... anyone want to trade?

·
Registered
95 Posts
thank you - I have been so busy at work that I have not done anything...

Still on the fence but after all the input I think I am going with the official J-Mo set up...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts