Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
"The new diesel will appear in many of the expected places such as the F-150, Super Duty, and E-Series large vans. However the automaker is also planning to install it in the Expedition and Navigator, giving large SUV-buyers the option to enjoy significant fuel savings without any loss in power or the added complexity of a hybrid system"

Added fuel savings - like they got in the 6.4 @ 9mpg? Without added complexity? -used to be body off restorations, now it's body off oil changes. Go get 'um Furd :thumbsup
Unreal

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
if the 4.4 powerstroke is anything like the 6.4 powerstroke you are going to better off with getting the little v6 and v8 form cummins and duramax that they are going to put in there small truck and suv etc. They will get better mileage than the 4.4.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
325 hp & 520 ft. lb. of torque.

That would be something if they could pull that off with a 4.4

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
They all need to have there diesel engines in the 1/2 tons now to compete. However fuel savings probably won't happen with a DPF. :lol3:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Cummins needs to come out with a straight 4 or 5 for light truck applications. If they didn't ruin it with emissions crap they would dominate the diesel market. People would like the power of a clean running diesel rather than this estrogen laden hybrid movement that's sweeping the nation.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Cummins needs to come out with a straight 4 or 5 for light truck applications. If they didn't ruin it with emissions crap they would dominate the diesel market. People would like the power of a clean running diesel rather than this estrogen laden hybrid movement that's sweeping the nation.
:rof:rof:rof:rof

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is just too much epa crap

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
It has been awhile since I looked at the pictures of the proposed 4.5L Duramax but that PS looks like a mess by way of comparison, not that looks count for much but from looking at the small pictures it doesn't appear to be anything remarkably different in terms of design.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just making it a pain to work on...thus keeping there mechs busy at the shop.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
It has been awhile since I looked at the pictures of the proposed 4.5L Duramax but that PS looks like a mess by way of comparison, not that looks count for much but from looking at the small pictures it doesn't appear to be anything remarkably different in terms of design.
on the last page of that ford thread thers a post tha says the picture of the new 4.5 duramax and the new ford motor are the same picture?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Eh at smaller displacements maybe the DPF won't be as bad. I am glad to see diesels going back into small vehicles. It is about time the US starting doing stuff like this. Also you gotta figure the more time they have with the DPF the better it will get, granted based on how little stock diesels smoke I don't know if they ever really needed it anyways. But that is just me. :w:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And this motor isn't even a powerstroke. Its one of fords new diesels.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not sure...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts