Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a company who makes lower control arms with a bend in them to stop the tires from rubbing when turned all the way in? My setup is a 01 2500 4X4 3rd gen 17" wheels and 315 70 17 tires. If not does anyone else have a fix short of not turning so tight?

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would call Don at Thuren Fabrication. He makes the bent ones for the third gens, he may be able to make some for your 2nd gen if he doesn't already have some designed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
SLEDGE HAMMER:bonk:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably not going to beat my control arms with a sledge hammer....
I sent Thuren a email.
Spacers may be an option, anyone have previous experience?
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Double post.....?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not sure why but I did not mean to post three times....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Probably not going to beat my control arms with a sledge hammer....
Thanks for the input
sarcasm..............
i used to have a similar problem on a jeep with the tires scrubbing the leaf springs. 1/4" wheel spacer solved it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have buddies running them on Chevy IFS 4x4 trucks and I was planning on throwing a set on my truck if I would have stayed with stock rims and 35" tires. With the 1/4" ones you are not loosing much in thread lenght on the studs and not adding the extra stress from a larger spacers, it more like adding some backspacing to the rims which helps with the rubbing. The spacers like those are basic and not much can fail if your studs are all in good shape.

Reactions: RockinXJ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts