Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
i am looking for the same answer:confused013: u r . i am about to put my strobes on my truck .

·
Registered
186 Posts
I installed mine a few months ago 2 up front 2 in rear. ONce it stops raining here I will go out and get some pics if you want, That way you can see where i put mine. Wasnt bad at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
Babyfat on here put 1 in each H/L, and 2 in each T/L on his 05. Shoot him a pm.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Rears are easy, your front h/l are differant than mine but there was not a lots of space either I'll see if I can get a pic to give you a idea, IC-Smoke installed his in his 07 which has the same h/l you have

John

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Joel when do the front lights have someone hold the light (lens facing the sky) and then you can drill from the bottom, I made the mistake of just setting the light on the work bench and drilling..... now I have some shavings in the light that wont come out:doh:

I put the rear bulbs in the reverse light which was a PITA as I had to trim the mounting tab on the strobe to fit where it was somewhat flat and not going to interfere with the light bulb assembly. Make sure you use silicone around each bulb as I did not do and I ended up with condensation in my reverse lights (as seen)

Ian

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Perfect, thanks Ian. :thumbsup: The front where you mounted yours is the only place I could see mounting them, but was worried about the surface not being flat. I have a different idea for the rear though. I was going to put one in the reverse and one in the brake light cover coming in from the inside side of the cover. I'll take pics as I go.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
here are mine

·
Registered
307 Posts
you gotta be carefull and make sure there is enough space in the housing for the heat from the strobe to disapate.. I've seen a lot of melted back up light housings.

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Sorry Rick, I dont have them in the 01, Graphic man if I remember correctly does... you can PM him, I dont remember if they were strobes or wig-wags....:confused013:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Sorry Rick, I dont have them in the 01, Graphic man if I remember correctly does... you can PM him, I dont remember if they were strobes or wig-wags....:confused013:
He has strobes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
how/where did you guys run the wires inside of the cab?
I ran mine under truck and up into the underseat console and the box is in there

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
in my STD cab under the tool tray were a couple plugs that I made a X in with a razor, pulled the wires thru then I put some silicone to seal it back up. The power unit sits under my passenger seat, and the control box is up by the cup holders/cubby hole

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
in my STD cab under the tool tray were a couple plugs that I made a X in with a razor, pulled the wires thru then I put some silicone to seal it back up. The power unit sits under my passenger seat, and the control box is up by the cup holders/cubby hole

:thumbsup:
Sweet, thats what I was wondering. Glad to know there are some rubber plugs back there, wasn't really wanting to do any drilling!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts