Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mind a little fabricating to make things fit but has anyone tried to put 3rd gen seats in a 2nd Gen. I would like to throw some junk yard seats in and replace my 40/20/40 seats wit 3rd gen seats and center console. how about just the center seat and console.

Anyone done it?

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
a long time ago there was a thread with a 2nd gen that had the entire 3rd gen interior in it. dash and all. it was really really cool, but i'd imagine it was a ton of work. as for just the seats, yes there has been a few guys that did it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That sounds really nice! One thing I don't like with mine is the lack of a decent cup holder that I can reach. A good console in the center would beat the unusable center seat section any day.
:flag1:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Tried the search for 3rd gen seats to fit into a 2nd gen truck but could not find anything. Anyone have a link to help out?
:flag1:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seats

My prob is I have integrated seatbelt in the seat. I would havr to use chevy seats or put a roll bar in to atatch the seatbelt to. Unless anyone knows of other seats with integrated seatbelts.

Has anyone swapped center consoles? I like the safe you can put under the 3rd gen seat. I'll just throw seat covers on up front.

Can someone measure the center consloe base for me on their 3rd gen?:redneck:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts