Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

has anyone tried to install the 3rd gen seats in a 2nd gen truck. and what was required to do so my current project is an extended cab 2000 that is getting an additional extended cab. thanks

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Maybe get a ext cab with no doors..then add sucide doors ? I dont know it looks weird

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
That is a Photo Fab, look at the overhead Power lines.

Neat idea though!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
But if you can fab up that much of the cab you should be able to fab 8 brackets to hold the seats in place.
I agree, if your going to do that kind of conversion and need to ask about seats it's going to be a long project.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this truck is in the planning stages. this is a pic of the truck now . its a 2000 cummins 2wd. its going to be used for a tow rig . i bought the truck with the intentions of swaping the engine to my ford crew cab 5.4 gas 2wd. bought the dodge and drove it home and fell in love with the truck. it has some body damage but bought it cheap. the cab is just too small when we travel with our gooseneck enclosed trailer and 4 or 5 adults. we just finished building the trailer. #1 reason was to design and build a trailer that would haul 4 mountain sled and get 18+ mpg. trailer is done time to start on the truck. and yes the pic is one i made in MS paint just to see what it would look like. not trying to BS. anyone. the 2 pics were one extended with the 8 foot box and the other is stock wheelbase with the box shortened. any and all advice would help this is our first dodge . also on the seats are they the same width ?

IMG]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j431/sidrush/trailer15004.jpg[/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts