Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an interchange somewhere that will tell me if 3rd gen seats will fit into my 2nd gen truck? Any/all links appreciated. :confused013:

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
ozplanet over on Dodge Talk has put 3rd gen 40/20/40's in his 94 RC

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
well if you go down to your local wrecking yard and bring a magnifying glass and a tape measure you will notice that the bolt holes are in totally different places, the brackets are completely different and the need for welding and custom brackets. i thought about it.... but why would i waste my time ? i bought a 2nd gen for a reason

·
Registered
502 Posts
Why would you want them? I drive a second gen, but all of our work trucks are 3rd gen. My 2nd gen seats are so much more comfortable. The 3rd gen also wear out much faster. Most of our company trucks wore holes in the seats within the first 20,000 miles of use. Granted we are in and out of the work trucks alot more often than most trucks would ever see, but you still shouldn't see worn out seats on a truck with only 12,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've put 3rd gen seats in mine, They set higher. You'll just have to fab up some brackets.. If I remember correctly the holes are Spaced the same, but as said before they mount totally different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts