Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under the middle seat , the space is wasted no more ... found a 06 ish gray interior center seat in the wrecker and had to snag it .
the swap was not that hard .. removed both and had them side by side ... removed the upper portion of both to swap. kept the old top since i have the ginos cupholders already. all the bolts align on the hinges and base but i had to weld some nuts to the new hinges to make things easier.
tossed to the side is the new top and old hinges.
mounting
the front bolts align perfectly with the factory mount , the rears not so much . there are 4 studs on the back that need to be cut off. Magically .... there are two stamped out holes that align up with the frame . they needed to be opened up a bit so i could install a nutsert.
the bottom does not go all the way to the floor , so i had some diamond plate that i folded over and screwed in, closing it all in .
drop in , bolt down and voila instant storage thats damn near factory looking... the colour is a little off , but some cleaning might change that ..

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm gonna have to snag this idea for the more accessible cup holders. Or I was debating having a custom center console built like this guy on YouTube did with his obs Ford, I'll just have to figure out spacing because of the 4wd

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just finished putting a 2017 center console/jump seat in mine. Not hard to do. Has built in cupholders. Was brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just finished putting a 2017 center console/jump seat in mine. Not hard to do. Has built in cupholders. Was brand new.
That looks like the shifter would hit it on a manual :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
That looks like the shifter would hit it on a manual :(
It would the way I have it moved forward, but if it was in the normal position with the back studs on the console in the rear seat console mounts it would not. I have mine moved forward about 3.5" from the normal mounting position. Also in the picture the transfer case shifter is in the rear most position.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I'm not a purest, so I went with a 2014-2018 Silverado center seat. It also has storage underneath . And the shifter is in reverse in the pic. I now have plenty of room for cups and shifting

Attachments

Reactions: Stox225

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Under seat storage

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
The 97's had under seat slide out cup holders for the back seat passengers. With the new seat/ console it would't work for the rear seat passengers anymore, but with a little grinding, I flipped it around for the front seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
So now I have five dang cup holders in the front that don't interfere with the shifter.:party018::party018::party018:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
The only downside is that I mounted it so far back as to not interfere with the shifter, that it pretty much makes it so you can't sit in the middle of the back seat. I only have four people in my immediate family (wife and two kids) so I was ok with the center rear seat space sacrifice. If I had an auto trans, I would've mounted it farther forward.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Oh, and check your seat belts if you're gonna be messing with the center seat. I was planning on re-using the dodge seatbelts so they would all match, but when I took out the factory center seat I found this. So I put the chevy seat belt in with the new center seat/ console.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I'm not a purest, so I went with a 2014-2018 Silverado center seat. It also has storage underneath . And the shifter is in reverse in the pic. I now have plenty of room for cups and shifting

Nice!!!! This is what I’m looking for. Thanks for the post man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts