Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

3rd Gen Fuel Line Raplacement

1453 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Canadian_Diesel1964
So as many may know my fuel line had ruptured and so many of you guys were awesome.
So I wanted to post up what I did.

First know what line is out, what i did was turn the motor on and found which line was spouting fuel.

Like this: be sure to protect your eyes

Then take 10mm socket to loosen the bracken on the the block.

Be sure there is no debris around here.

Then take you new line and a line to make the fit correct

Then tighten down

You really should use a line wrench an I believe that it was a 18mm.

After you have tighten then inspect for leaks.

And the your done.:thumbsup:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
how long does the fuel line last( under the normal driving)? I've never thought about change fuel lines. cool.

----------------------------------
03 Ram 2500 5.9 Auto quad, short bed, 4x4, Laramie, w/ 238000km~148000mile ( still running like new, only missing some emblems???)

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long does the fuel line last( under the normal driving)? I've never thought about change fuel lines. cool.

----------------------------------
03 Ram 2500 5.9 Auto quad, short bed, 4x4, Laramie, w/ 238000km~148000mile ( still running like new, only missing some emblems???)
Well that one had a 104396 miles on it, and from what I gathered was the number four is the one that goes out and after you replace it your in good shape.

· Premium Member
1,302 Posts
the fuel line dont ware out what happens is the plastic isolator the holds the line gets lose and couses vibration in the line and the cracks line so check thoughs holders pretty common they come loose .

· Premium Member
1,302 Posts
ps that #4 was lose on mine caght it in time what got me looking at this is i was hearing little ticking sound and started to to grab the lines thats how i found mine

· Registered
828 Posts
May I ask, is that a dealer part and how much was it? I wonder if its worth having one on the shelf..I am getting quite a stock warehouse of new parts..water pump PS Pump Wiper Motor, washer pump hoses u joints etc etc..its hard getting chit here in Canada and it might be worth a spare....?? also if you get a chance the part #? NIce job posting the pics...that makes it easy for us!!

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Could you tell a difference while you were driving or did you catch it before then. I'm right around 102000 and this is the first I've heard of this happening. Just wondering what symptoms to look out for.

· Registered
828 Posts
I am pretty sure he had quite a good(or bad) leak!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.