Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Are there any options out there for spring replacement for a level/lift on the 3rd gens? I found springs for "02-05" but I have an 06 not sure what would be different there.

If not has anyone had custom springs made and how did that work out/where did you get it done? I plan eventually to run the CST lift kit but even there I would think springs would be better than a block for the lift.

Any opinions and input would be great. Just looking at possibility to level/lift without compromising ride quality, even though it doesn't matter much to me more to appease the wife lol.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I sure there is a way out there is somebody's brain. A front spring/shock would be great for a CST spindle setup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I mean how hard could it be to have a spring 2-3" longer than the stock one instead of a spacer? lol biggest thing would be making sure the loading of it could handle the weight of the truck but I mean they do it for 4WD so shouldn't be an issue there.

I'm surprised CST hasn't made one along with their lift considering the price point. But a setup that could just be used for someone wanting to level would be great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know I am sick of the block in mine. It rides like a friggin tank. People say that the cst spindle is the way to go. I just wish it wasnt so pricey and that stock wheels would work with them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I am sick of the block in mine. It rides like a friggin tank. People say that the cst spindle is the way to go. I just wish it wasnt so pricey and that stock wheels would work with them.
Stock wheels will work with a small spacer from what I have read a few people used 1/2" spacer and it worked just fine.

Does anyone know of any places that build custom springs by chance?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got an email back from a company that makes custom springs.

They informed me that they could make some 2.5"-3" lift springs for my truck. They said it would take a 3 week lead on the order and cost $488. A little too high IMO to warrant pulling the trigger there but apparently it can be done.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have any experience with these Coil Springs?

Products - TUFTRUCK

They have Heavy Duty and Extreme Heavy Duty P/N's TTC-1615 and TTC-1616 for our trucks and it says 1"-3" lift, maybe the TTC-1616 would level the truck on out nice without any spacers. I'd pay the little extra for that.

They aren't listed to fit Dodge here but looks like that part number just happens to fit both our trucks and older Chevy's according to TufTruck's website.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the TTC-1615 springs and installed them a couple of days ago. Here are some pics.

Before:

After:

And here is a nice comparison pic thanks to the wife and Instagram lol.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Are 4wd coils the same length? Why couldn't you just use the coils off of a 4wd truck?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maxtrac also make 3 inch lift coils dont think they are that expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
djrey from your avatar pic your truck looks nice low like it is. Just curious why you want to go up with it, just like the look better, just wondering?
Any bigger pics of your truck?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reactions: blue04.5

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Looks good both ways. I like the before just a little more, just because you don't see many low diesels. Final product looks great though, good looking truck and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks, I personally think the truck looks more aggressive with the lift and maybe that was what I was looking for, but I liked how it look before too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Those 3" level coils you listed a few post back don't look like they will work for the 2WD. The 4x4 coils are not the same.

The TTC-1615 will level anything except for the Mega Cab from what they told me and what I saw based on the other guy in the 3rd gen forum that used them on his QC. If you look them up Tuftruck list them as 1"-3" lift depending on application. The guy with the QC got near 3" after settling. I got around 2" I will most likely lower the rear some to match as long as the wheels/tires I get don't rub bad up front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually they do work for 2wd 03-12 DODGE RAM 2500 / 3500 2WD 3.0″ LIFT SPRINGS | Maxtrac Suspension.
It seems they maybe only used a genetic pictures for amazon.
Finally got my wheels aligned and pretty happy with handling with the spacers but will be updating my shocks to rancho or bilstein. that should put back my suspension close to stock feeling.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder what cab setup they base the 3" lift off of, can't really just say the same spring will lift every cab exactly the same with one spring due to the weight differences (hence why Tuftruck has a range of lift the spring could provide).

But on another note I noticed they have their own 3.5" spindle which looks like it's quite a bit cheaper than the CST spindle. I will be looking into that for sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got mine installed two days ago... Im very happy with it... my mechanic had no issues installing it, everything fit right. Also used spacers and blocks in the back.. Only thing I would recommend is think about changing hd shocks, bilsteins or ranchos for lift configurations.
Unfortunately did not do that and will be doing it soon, stock shocks extended with new lift do not perform as in normal config :doh::banghead:....

Call maxtrac customer service... they are pretty good at answering all technical questions...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do if I decide to go with the spindles. Currently I am just waiting until I get my wheels and tires to see how the fitment is going to be at the current front height and if I can just lower the rear or need to go up in the front.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts