Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running sub(s) in their 03-current cummins? i have a 07 quadcab and was wondering what i should run. i had an mtx thunderform in my 98.5 and am looking at something similar for my new rig. considering MTX thunderform and both of JL audio's custom enclosures

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
I had MTX in my 01 and i hated them. I will never have anything else than JL Audio in my truck.

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that JL? i think JL only makes a one sub setup for the back seat or a 13.5" W3 in the center console. im probably wrong. what box/speaker combo is that?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had MTX in my 01 and i hated them. I will never have anything else than JL Audio in my truck.

Very nice setup. I had a JL W1 12" in my Grand Cherokee I used to have and it was by far the best sub I have ever owned.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
That is just a random box that is made and it fits my 10w3v3's nicelly. I think the brand is "ATrend". You can try and google that and see what comes up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i run a kenwood 10" in the center console...i'm not much on thumpin' bass, just need a little substance is all. i made the center console mount/box myself...you'd never know it was there. looks completely stock.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am running the 10w3v3's in a custom box. I still have the center portion and can stow my jack in the center. The amps reside under the seats...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

Same box I have in my 06. Except i'm running 2 directed audio dvc 10"s. With the JBL speakers everywhere else, and my music it sounds awesome. But when my 17 year old brother in law wants to drive it, and boom out any civic in town, it's got more than enough. hahaha Very versatile system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll take some pictures tomorrow of my custom single 12 and give you the details of what I have done

·
Registered
130 Posts
With This

and this (Notice the little knob to the left of the cell phone pocket)

you can control from the stock unit and the Bass knob the following

·
Registered
130 Posts
Then for the Highs You can go with these in the front

and these in the back

push them with this

hide it under here

and try to protect it with one of these

·
Registered
236 Posts
Can I get some of the names of these boxes for the back seat?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's not the best but good enough were the wife is always getting on to me about turning it down. At 43 I still like to have music appreciation when I have just had a rotten day and I don't want to hear anything but LOUD ROCK & ROLL. If you want to know how the box was made you will need to read up on fiberglass. It is what the bottom is made of so I could fit the JL AUDIO 12W3V3 under the seat. If I could have made the 13.5 work it would be there but not enough depth and I like my center console and seat storage area

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine is a OX2003 Special edition.. one off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
and I like my center console and seat storage area
just fyi, I made mine to where the center console is still 100% functional. The padding of the seat has decreased slightly, but i NEVER have anybody sittin there anyhow. So if you ever are thinkin about it hit me up...its a 30 min. fix.:thumbsup

·
Registered
130 Posts
08ag
I was speaking of the hidie hole under the seat that you lift up the seat for access not just the top console area. We use it to hide stuff when on travel. I did look into that because JL has one for the 13.5 but went this route instead. Once in a great moon I do take 6 people and the wife is the one who sits beside me. These seats are already not the most comfortable but Dodge makes it and Cummins shakes it and I like power over comfort. :thumbsup
Keep Rockin till the cops come knockin :beer

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
I went with a different head unit.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
i run a 10w 3 in the passenger rear with just an off brand name box from ebay. and a 800-1 pioneer amp. works great for what i need.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Im in the process of building this from a picture I seen.

This is what I got built so far. Im gonna fiberglass it this weekend. HOPEFULLY depending on the weather....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts