Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was 400 miles from home hanging out with one of my good buddys and we were out crusing in the truck i had just gotten the 4x4 fixed and we were doing a few bosted launches and racking some ricers :peelout well we were on our way back to his apartment and i decided to try out the adraline feature for the 0-60 time. spooled up to about 25 psi and let her rip well it hooked up and went like a bat out of hell and around 50 mph i hear a loud bang and then grinding first thing im thinking is oh crap i jsut blew up my clutch becasue it was free reving tryed to shift and i stll had 4th gear and could move still and realised i had either stripped the teeth off of 3rd or just shattered the gear :thud: im not shure if the trans is still under warrenty but im hopeing it is.. sigh its only money right?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
hate to hear that!!! my trans was a cheap quick fix for third... NOT!!!!!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
That dont sound cheap

·
Registered
393 Posts
was this in a 5spd or a 6?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I heard 6speed parts are hard to find

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cliff, you're gonna have that truck completely rebuilt before too long.:rof

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Cliff what did we tell you before you left here Saturday??? Dont break anything!!!!:w:

we can buy you books but it does no good if you keep eating the pages:rof:rof:rof

John:thumbsup

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
ya gota love breaking parts :thud:

sorry to hear it ......it does suck !!

Scott

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've got a 5spd Mine ran up to around 2,600... cause once your in there you might as well do everything else, you know just in case!!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha well mine was upgraded and what not before i broke it so ill try to make it more bullet proof, but it is kinda cool to think i destroyed a hardend gear in my tranny before the clutch drive shafts or axels, hmmm whats next after i fix this......

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
You were doing a 3RD gear boosted launch with a 5 Speed? Your running a DD Clutch or what? Just wondering how to break my truck like you. Sorry to hear it. good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
haha well mine was upgraded and what not before i broke it so ill try to make it more bullet proof, but it is kinda cool to think i destroyed a hardend gear in my tranny before the clutch drive shafts or axels, hmmm whats next after i fix this......
c'mon don't kid youreself! Things can be made bullet proof, but not Cliff proof!:T:

Sux to hear the red dragon is broke tho! good luck gettin her fixed!:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
yep south bend dual disc 3850 lol it hooked up needless to say...
you sure it hooked up?:lol2: or are you just grinding them too much cuz you can't find them?:T:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i guess every tooth of third was stripped off and floating around ..... ill try to get some pics of the carnage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts