Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally dug into the mold smell after smelling it for the last week. Lots of condensation under the rear liner beneath the seats so my assumption is 3rd brake light. Problem is... I have mold on the seat belt and up to under the seat on passenger side. Anyine know the best way to get rid of mold besides replacing parts I will need to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Did a quick search for mold removal. This one came up first.

wet and forget 802064 indoor mold and mildew disinfectant,64oz
$14.82
Zoro
(99)
No tax
For most items:
30-day return policy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Water testing tomorrow or the next day then spraying down with something and cleaning. Not sure if its a vent or 3rd brake light entirely yet.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I picked it up at lowes for $10.00

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And..... third brake light it was. Got the smell out with carpet cleaner and mold cleaner but will be replacing 2 seatbelts die to mold stain.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not only was it the 3rd brake light but there was a water leak at the rear sliding window seals as well.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
How did u fix leak on the sliding window?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to put a claim in with insurance. Glad I did, truck is currently stripped of all interior in the shop and mold had made its way into the blower, ductwork, all seatbelts are junk, carpet, dash insulation etc. i was going to just buy the window seal kit for like $50 but couldnt get rid of the smell without really tearing further into the truck. Rough estimate to repair is around 6k.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I was scared as well since I’ve been smelling a fowl moldy smell for the last week. I backed truck up and got ready to take rear interior apart. Thank god it was an old half eaten Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast sandwich in a bag under the rear seat. I bought clear silicone to fix the possible leak, but I don’t have one. Maybe I’ll just silicone it anyways since I have it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts