Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose a 3k defuel right at 3000 rpms or is that just a benchmark number cuz with stock springs (2200??) it will almost hit 3 i just dont know which would be better 3 or 4 if the 3k is only going to give 100 rpm difference i feel like i should go 4k they are just more expensive

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,835 Posts
:thumbsup: I PUT THE 3GSK IN MY 12V AND IT WAS GREAT FOR TOWING THE BIG FIFTH WHEEL AND WHEN I NEEDED A LITTLE EXTRA UMMP

·
Registered
85 Posts
i ordered the Pacbrake GSK which came with the extra mini springs for the 4k kit but i left them out. Same price $100 delivered

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you buy the 4K kit you essentially get both for the same price. I believe they are the same except the 4K has an additional spring. I bought a 4k and installed it as a 3K and liked it. So I added the other spring making it a 4K. I thought it made the throttle a little too touchy so I put it back to 3K.

Buy the 4k. It comes with a free 3k :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
ok the eternal question i have been searching for this seemed like a good place to ask, since i'll bee installing a 4k with valve springs highly recomended with the 4k by the way will it get better fuel economy?????:kick:
well as long as i keep my foot out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts