Cummins Diesel Forum banner

37's ??

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  diggerdave 
#1 ·
Do you guys think I could run 37's stock suspension??

Had them sittng by the truck today and they looked like they would fit in the rear but front might need a level.

Or do you think I need a level?? or lift/level??

Thanks

PS: The rim would be 20"

#2 ·
There is a guy on here that has them on a stock height 3rd gen but I dont think there gonna fit on a 2nd gen. A leveling kit would make it worse unless you got longer control arms.

#3 ·
Need at least 3" of lift. They will fit stock but if you turn or hit any significant bump the will rub. I would recommend 5" of lift if you like your fenders and front bumper. Also the backspacing and offset of you rim makes a huge difference in where the tire will contact.

#4 ·
My bro picked up a 06 with them a bit ago. They look terrible, and rub on the control arms, sway bar, and had to cut the fender liner out, on stock rims. 35's on there now and look good, but still rub.

Get atleast 6" of lift if you want 37. I am now running the ones he had and they rub on my truck with 6" of lift, on the control arms at full lock.

However for a 2nd gen. I had 37" with 4.5" lift and no rubbing at all, and it looked very good, only had like 3/4" clearance to the fender, but never hit.

#5 ·
Everyone i talked to told me i would need at least 3 inches of lift to fit 37's under mine. But i proved them all wrong. I have a 2 inch leveling kit and i run 37" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's. The Backspacing does make a big difference though. My rims are 4.75" BS and I have no rubbing at all.

#6 ·
I would do a four inch lift at the minimal, I run 35s on my truck with a level and wouldn't think about going to 37s without lifting her more.

#7 ·
Yeah im kinda just thinking of it right now...my boss bought two sets of 37's and he liked the looks of the other tires better so he will give me these one's that are practically new for 60 a tire... but then ill have to buy rims but was planning on it anyways.

#8 ·
Would I be good with 35's on 18" rims with a level or level/small lift??

#9 ·
35's on 18's look the best on these trucks to me. Like said above if you get the right backspacing it will work. When I got my truck it had 33's and they were really close to rubbing but the tires stuck out quit a bit, im not sure the backspacing. I think 4.5-5.5 is the best backspacing. If you could get longer control arms with a leveling kit it would do the trick.

#17 ·
hahaha:hehe::hehe::yourock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.