Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 2500 4x4 with a 2" leveling kit and stock wheels and tires...
ive been planning on going to a 35x12.50 tire BUT will a 37x12.50 fit iwth out rubbing? has anyone tried this?
i assume that i might get a slight rub at full turn on rough terrain but WILL THEY FIT? (if anyone has pics of leveld ctd's with 35's Or 37's...post them please)
THANKS...

·
Registered
387 Posts
37's would not fit with a leveling kit

·
Red Line Diesel Performan
179 Posts
I have a 02 dodge with 35x13.50 and a 2" leveling kit and they rub a little bit. I thank 37s mite rub bad.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
unless you really hate having the plastic wheel well covers..and especially hate having straight body panels around the lower wheel well region then i would say they will not fit

·
Registered
235 Posts
You will need a very specific wheel.. offset&backspacing, you will also need to trim some metal from behind the plastic wheel-well liner, you will also need to trim some metal to "open" the wheel-well up just in front of the doors at the bottom of the well. You will still rub the control arm with a 37X13.5, and probably with a 37X12.5.

Call Jeremy at DRC, he will tell you exactly what you will need to do to make it work... Sawsall + 6pack =37's:thumbsup

·
Registered
513 Posts
These guys exaggerate a bit.

37s with 2.5" lift. No metal trimming, no rub anywhere:

·
Registered
75 Posts
How wide are those tires?
The rubbing will also depend on the tire design. If your 37's were anywhere near an aggressive tire I can bet the side lugs would rub if you turned the wheel. No side lugs helps you a lot.

Also, don't the 3rd gens sit higher than the 2nd gens? So that may help you out some.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i never even knew that yokohama made a tire like that.......looks wicked nice for highway ........looks insanely sick with those huge kings in the wells :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
i didnt think that they would fit but i guess i was proved rong but with a 2" i still dont think they will

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
keep in mind hes running a top of the line leveling/suspension system....thats no coil spacer

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
37's will rub but my 35's rub. 37's will fit on the stock wheels. there are plenty of guys on the forum that run them...my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts