Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know I can prolly get away with MT 35 12.50s with a 2" levelin kit. My question is can I put those size tires on my stock 17" wheels?

All the online tire shops recommend at least 8.5" wide wheels, not sure if I have 8 or 8.5. Is anybody runnin 35 1250s on an 8 inch wide rim? Or know if that will work or not? Specifically I was lookin into Pro Comp XTerrains and Nitto MT's (although I heard they wear terrible, but we'll see what I can get a hold of)
Cheers:beer
Ricketts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 315/70/17 on my stock rims and the tire measurements are very close to the 35-12.50-17 you are looking at. I tried at set on my truck but decided to stay with the BFG's. I have 45,000 on my BFG A/T's and I buying my new set this weekend. They fronts have a bunch of tread left but the rears are a little thin in the middle. They have worn great and would have lasted longer, if my foot was not so heavy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Im runnin the BFG ATs right now too, only the 285 baby version. Ive got 45k on them now too and they are lookin pretty ragged.

You have any rub at all?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea Im runnin the BFG ATs right now too, only the 285 baby version. Ive got 45k on them now too and they are lookin pretty ragged.

You have any rub at all?
The 315's rub slightly, only when you turn the steering wheel to full lock. they rub on the control arm, but no where else. Give them a try:thumbsup

·
Registered
634 Posts
mine dont rub at all

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine don't rub either.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what do you guys prefer? I like the look of the new BFG MT KM2's. I just want a tire with an aggressive look but wont wear down quick, since I do alot of highway drivin for work. Prolly hard to get the best of both worlds but just lookin for a set thatll perform well on both street and mud. Kind of gave up on the nitto grapplers, but was checkin out the Baha MTZ Radials, didnt look bad, anybody runnin em?

(love the Toyos FFSP, just a little outta my price range.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've been looking into getting new tires for a while now. I've been pm'ing people when I see that they are running the pro comp xtreme AT's and everyone is very pleased with them. I do a lot of highway miles and I've been told that they are very quiet, wear really good and do good off road. I have the 315's now and they do rub the control arm at full turn so I'm just wondering how much more they will rub if I step up to the 35" tire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
procomp..

has a tire called xtreme AT, they look good and come with, I think a 40,000 mile warranty. Those are the ones I am looking at.

Eddy:peelout

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I got the BFG KM2s. So far they are doing very well. I have about 3000 miles on them, of course you cant even tell they've been worn on. I had them out in some not deep, but very sloppy mud and they did very well. I also have them on the stock rim, and they havent rubbed once. Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
has a tire called xtreme AT, they look good and come with, I think a 40,000 mile warranty. Those are the ones I am looking at.

Eddy:peelout
My cousin is runnin 35 procomp extreme at's on his chevy 1500. Theyre real nice, and run real quiet on the road. Course, hes got a 6 inch lift to fit those 35s but with a levelin kit on ours i bet you could definetly swing it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts