Cummins Diesel Forum banner

35's on stock rims?

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  OCVeloMan 
#1 ·
Ok so I know you can run 35's on stock rims on a stock truck but if I was to get 18 inch wheels would it make a difference? What kind of offset and back spacing do I need when I get new rims to fit 35's?

#2 ·
It would definitely make a diff in your bank account. 18" tires cost too much. You'll be fine with 35's. Maybe a 2" level kit or else you'll rub. Also run BFG AT's. They are the best handling tire on these heavy trucks.

#3 ·
I have REVO 2 315/70/17 on my stock rims and everything is fine. I think the diameter is right at 34" and it's 605 rotations per mile. The truck is a 2005 4x4. I bought it used, but don't think it's been leveled or lifted.

These tires are E rated and work well for me.

Sean

#5 ·
Ok I was looking at the XD series as well. Either the revolver in a 17" or 18" X9 rim. According to there website they have a -12 offset and a 4.53 back space. Also looking at the monsters in an 18X9 nd they come with a 18 offset and a 5.71 back space. So if I go with the revolvers they will rub?

#7 ·
I have 325/70/17 on stock rims with a 2" leveling kit. looks good rides good. I wont get into tires because everyone has their own favorites. But I am running the Nitto Terra grapplers. great tire awesome on and off road, little noisy down the highway but not that bad.

#8 ·
i have 18x10 monsters on 37x13.50 leveled with no rubbing

#9 ·
oh great another will 35s fit on my truck....use the search function 300 others have asked this question before you....they will fit on stock rims fine the tires you put on will determine whether or not they will rub my bfg at's dont rub on mine at all with stock height

#10 ·
on the offsets what do you need to get the tire to stick out away from the truck about a inch or two. is it positive offset or negative offset. and how much?

#12 ·
Naturally you know that the more ofset you have on your wheels (the farther they stick outside the body) the more lift you need to clear them. the less offset the less lift you need.

I have the leveling kit with 18" AR wheels with 35" open country MT's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.