Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its about time to get some new tires for my 94. I was wondering if 35's would fit without rubbing? or would i need to go smaller? The truck is stock. Any info would be awesome!

·
Registered
100 Posts
They would fit, but not good. Mine rubbed ALOT. Got a leveling kit and they fit/looked great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what brand of leveling kit would you recomend? ive looked around a bit and have seen a pretty wide range in prices. im not really sure what the best pick is....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You will need to get different wheels, the stock 6.5" wide wheels will not seat a 315 tire properly. Assuming you are going to run the common 315/75's many including myself do. They are a bit wide for my 8" wheels honestly.

Jason

·
Registered
226 Posts
i am wondering the same thing! i have a leveling kit on 315/75/16s right now and i want to take the leveling kit off the front and then lower the back to level it. your the fronts rub? i wouldnt mind trimming the bumper if thats all that is needed.

i just want to get a little bettermilage. a softer ride, and i wanna fit in my work parking garage! lol (110* in the sun is killling my interior and is hot as hell when you get into it)

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
Hell bent steel leveling kit 2 1/2" on the tires in my sig.

the third gen wheels help a little with backspacing. they only rub the control arms at full lock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Broke Down ... you're my hero. That is nearly the exact rig I'm running (to the paint) and I need new tires. Now I know that I would need a leveling kit to make 35/12.5/17 Trail Grapplers work. If I was 1.3" smaller with the 295/70/17's, do you think I would still have rub on my stock unit? If so, then I will be getting the 285/70/16 TG for the time being.

I need to avoid any lift/leveling kits, I only have 3" of vertical clearance to work with!

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
Broke Down ... you're my hero. That is nearly the exact rig I'm running (to the paint) and I need new tires. Now I know that I would need a leveling kit to make 35/12.5/17 Trail Grapplers work. If I was 1.3" smaller with the 295/70/17's, do you think I would still have rub on my stock unit? If so, then I will be getting the 285/70/16 TG for the time being.

I need to avoid any lift/leveling kits, I only have 3" of vertical clearance to work with!
personally i'd run a leveling kit if i were going with a 35", 295's you can still run stock height. keep in mind i DO have 3rd gen wheels (offset is a little different). with the leveling kit you can run a few larger tires (in actual dia, not advertised)

these are both 35" tires. left is Super swamper's SSR's 35x10.50, right is the toyo MT's 35x12.50

most cases with stock tires you will rub the control arms, depending on the side lugs that will depend on how bad they rub :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
personally i'd run a leveling kit if i were going with a 35", 295's you can still run stock height. keep in mind i DO have 3rd gen wheels (offset is a little different). with the leveling kit you can run a few larger tires (in actual dia, not advertised)

most cases with stock tires you will rub the control arms, depending on the side lugs that will depend on how bad they rub :thumbsup:
Thanks again! Interesting shot ... is the actual dia of the SSR more than 35.3"? I had originally thought to put yokos back on, but the lack of 10 ply options turned me away. Toyo MT's were looking very appealing, but the Trail Grappler has won me over. If I get the 295s, I would need new rims anyways, as they are only offered in 17"+. I will just look for a workable offset.

I have yoko 285/75/16 (33.1") now (wore out), TG 285/70/16 would drop me 1.2":buttkick:, where new rims and TG 295/70/17 would gain me .4" dia and .4" width, aggressive off-road bite, reasonable road performance and all on stock height ... win win!:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts