Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 96 dually 4x4, and I want to put 315/75R16 tires on it. I heard from a local 4x4 shop that the tires won't fit on the front rims because they are too narrow. I think thats a load of crap!!. I know you have to run spacers on the rear and a leveling kit on the front, but what else do I need to do? Any ideas on what tire to get? I like the BFG A/T tires, but I'm open to suggestions about better looking tires or cheaper good looking tires!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
You realize that its going to be nearly 5 feet of tire on the back right. Its just not going to fit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You realize that its going to be nearly 5 feet of tire on the back right. Its just not going to fit.
HUH? that makes no sense.

I have 315/70/ 17's on my 2005 now by running a spacer. I run the Procomp AT's

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a friend of mine and he has a 3rd gen truck with 37" toyos on it with the stock wheels. That thing is sick looking!! Bigdscummins is his screenname on here. He put the idea in my head about the 35's. He was going to do the same thing to his 2nd gen truck, but hasn't since I have the engine out of it right now.

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Csnider, you still got those 22.5" wheels and tires?

·
Registered
172 Posts
It will work I had a 6" kit on my Duall with 35" tires on front and back withthe stock rims, I had 2.5" spacers inthe rear so they didn't rub. looked great. Go For it. it should work with a leveling kit and a add a Leaf on the rear..:thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
Csnyder...what can you tell me about the rims...can you still pull a trailer?

·
Banned
393 Posts
like a goosneck? Also, do they bog the truck down on hills, and in town?

·
Registered
425 Posts
well I would say you can easily pull a bumper hitch as I did with them on but I never tried hooking my gooseneck up because I dont have a hitch in it yet. I started polishing one of the wheels yesterday and found the imprint that says they are Alcoas. The tires are all brand new in the last 1500 miles. They stand about 2 to 3 inches taller than my 35's.

·
Registered
425 Posts
They never bogged me down real bad because I have added more fuel and air. I could turn them over on dry pavement with a stock auto.

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at your e-bay, and I saw where it said local pick up only. Would you consider shipping them to SC at my expense?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I looked at your e-bay, and I saw where it said local pick up only. Would you consider shipping them to SC at my expense?
Hi, yeah I will ship them if you pay it. I thought I had that in the ad? Anyways I will be down in the Nashville area this week if you have any friends or family there I could leave them with.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Hell on my old dodge , i had 38.5x12.50's super swampers on it. had :peeloutstock wheels and just needed a spacer in the rear

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me talk to the wife and see of she'll let me get em. I'll drive up and meet you if she will. (Yes, I'm p-whipped)

·
Registered
491 Posts
i have 285/75/16s and i have no problem with them but i had to get spacers of coure for the back so i dont think you wil have a problem

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
there is a contractor working here in town that is running 315's on his 2nd gen...no lift...just rear bags...2"spacers..pulls 40' g.n. daily with it. has put 175k miles on this set up with no problems...the only tight spot with the front tires is where his "old man" style running boards run past the rear edge of the front fender. I have a couple cell phone pics if you need them...

·
Registered
129 Posts
does anyone know where you car get the spacers im going with 6inch and 37s but i dont want to pay 500 for spacers please help

1 - 20 of 26 Posts