Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering do all the 3500s have a locker in the rear? Or is it an option? I know its an option on the 2500s.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
or more specifically, can we get the "anti-spin differential" on a 2020 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 ?
... when I try a build, I do not see it anywhere ..

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I do a build and price, I don't even see an option for a limited slip or locker.

I assumed my 2019 3500 just has an open rear diff. Can you get a limited slip at all?

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts
Anti-spin differentials have been standard equipment on 3500’s for several years. It is optional on the 2500’s, unless in a package.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume that the 12 inch rear on the 3500 mine being a srw has an antislip diff cuz it was not an option. Is this correct? I guess i could have worded the question differently

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm wondering if this is no longer the case on the 2019 trucks. I looked at the window sticker on my 2018 3500 - it stated that Anti-Spin differential was standard equipment. My 2019 Window sticker only states the axle ratio.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
It’s your standard limited-slip differential. Works great up here in the frozen wasteland. Only 14 bolts and 4 litres of fluid And 1 can of brake cleaner if you need to check for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
What I noticed though, is that your truck mentions Anti Spin Diff on the window sticker. Mine doesn't.

I guess I could do a drain / refill and find out myself. But too cold for that at the moment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here’s a more simplified test: in 2wd, put one rear tire on ice/packed snow and the other on dry pavement, turn off traction control and put the skinny pedal to the floor. If you have an open diff you won’t move very quickly.

·
Registered
958 Posts
That might work, although traction control still intervenes even with being turned off.

·
US ARMY Retired
811 Posts
I'm wondering if this is no longer the case on the 2019 trucks. I looked at the window sticker on my 2018 3500 - it stated that Anti-Spin differential was standard equipment. My 2019 Window sticker only states the axle ratio.
My 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin doesn't say Anti-Spin differential on the window sticker either...but it does list it as standard equipment on the equipment listing as @gsbrockman mentioned on previous years.

In-put your VIN at the following link and stay out of the cold and save your gear lube for your next fluid change...oh and don't wear your tires out checking:grin2:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks Cummins 0867. That does indeed show the anti spin diff. Happy to have it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Aisin doesn't say Anti-Spin differential on the window sticker either...but it does list it as standard equipment on the equipment listing as @gsbrockman mentioned on previous years.

In-put your VIN at the following link and stay out of the cold and save your gear lube for your next fluid change...oh and don't wear your tires out checking:grin2:

Thanks for the help i like putting your vin in and checking what the truck has for parts. My 3500 has the anti slip rear so it must just be in the 3500's.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Thats slick! Bookmarked, and waiting for mine to show up! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts