Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Ive had six of these trucks and none of them did this. When I come to a red light and slow down then it turns green, as I execrate the truck Boggs down for about two seconds. Then takes off. If I stop completely and take off it flys. Now I have had two 2013's. first one was an early one january 2013. this is a september 2013. The dealer has tried all the updates and has been really good like they always are. My service writer drove with me and agrees that there is a problem. He turned in a star report and now we wait. I did test drive four of the new ones and they did the same thing.
Was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Its kinda scary when you try to drive out of a driveway on to the highway after shopping and the truck doesn't want to move. Its only a second or two but it feels like forever.
Thanks Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine does basically the same thing. Our 09 6.7 truck doesn't do it at all. I kind of chalked up the delay due to the drive by wire system.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Its called TQ management and it takes some getting use too. All medium duty trucks have it ,Both the NEW Sterling with the Mercedes engine (Test drove today)and the DT Navistar Trucks we own have it, I like for company use, keeps the Driver form taking out his bad day, relation ship or whatever until ***** , the Sterling had Eaton trans and the Navistar has an Allison.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I have this too. If there was one thing I could change about my truck it would be to remove this hesitation off the line. I believe it's for emissions but that's just my .02.

It's funny--I got used to it. Was weird at first coming from my tuned '06 that would be sideways half way through first gear and a throttle I didn't have to push nearly as much...

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Ive got it too.

Is there anything we can do to bring attention to this issue?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Injectors and turbo? Lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, so its not just me. My service manager said, he thinks its the turbo. He also said that he will order one and change mine. As soon as he hears from star. None of my Dodges have done this. This is my second 2013 3500. The first one never did it. I don't like it and it pisses me off.

thanks ED

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The service manager also said a duel turbo would probably fix it, and 50HP injectors. I told him to do it on warranty. :drool2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
this might sound strange but if I stomp on the "top" of the pedal I get less delay.

try it.....

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I dont think its the turbo, you literally slam the pedal down and nothing happens.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Was thinking maybe an Aisin program, but 72 charger doesn't have an Aisin. I'm sure it's TQ management and emissions.

Has anyone tried different things like double tap the throttle or barely give it gas?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was thinking maybe an Aisin program, but 72 charger doesn't have an Aisin. I'm sure it's TQ management and emissions.

Has anyone tried different things like double tap the throttle or barely give it gas?

Interesting, tap huh. I've slowly pushed and its about the same.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was gonna post this same issue a couple times. It drives me nuts. But, yes I believe it is the torque management. after slowing down to around 1200rpm down shift or no downshift, its like a 2 or 3 second delay and wherever your foot is it goes to it quickly.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
It feels like turbo lag... I've been complaining about this, since I got my '14.. It SUX!

·
Registered
415 Posts
It feels like turbo lag... I've been complaining about this, since I got my '14.. It SUX!
it does kinda feel like turbo lag. Not sure how pronounced it is with you auto guys but with a manual It will catch ya off guard and a wtf feeling. If you listen to the motor while this occurs, you will here a progressively rising timing chatter for a moment and then it will light. And will bust the back tires loose in some conditions ive found if my foot is in the right place.
However, It does have a purpose. If tamed, if that's the right word, it will prevent busting the tires loose on low traction conditions such as steep inclines, snow covered roads, gravel roads or cindered winter roads and off road. And most importantly as said earlier, this is commonly used programming in medium and heavy duty trucks. And is mainly used to prevent unwanted driveline breakage, especially in loaded trucks which is what our trucks are designed to be.. One of the most common downtime and breakage causing problems with medium and heavy duty trucks is ''torque shock'' to the driveline usually resulting in a snapped universal joint, or worse, and usually caused by driver error. But very easy to do. With the loads people are putting in, on and behind these pick up trucks its not surprising this has been implemented into our trucks. Should of been implemented when the first vp44 came out as the capability was there. And would be a good feature for those who work and make a living with these trucks. These trucks are designed to work and work hard, always have been, especially our cummins motor. May not cater to everyone, But this feature really needs an OFF BUTTON!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine does the same thing.. Typically a small lag after pushing the pedal. It's "real" noticeable when the truck is in regen cycle in stop and go traffic. When coming to a stop you can actually hear the e-brake on trying to keep the egt's up..
Just my 2 cents..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone, besides me taken it in and got an answer or reason why? My dealer started a star report and now we are both waiting. I now wait and come to a complete stop before I enter the highway. It's a pain in the a.. I drive three different cars and it is messing me up. To go or not to go?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.