Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if a 35x12.50 tire on stock rim will fit in the spare location with a 5" exhaust? I know it will fit with stock exhaust, but not sure if it will clear the 5". Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It would probably run in the same spot as your stock exhaust, so I would assume that it would only add 1/2" on each side of your existing pipe. I don't think it would fit a dual 5" because it gets a little tight on the driver side with the shock there. Take a look under there and see how much room you have and kind of gauge it from there.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I run one and there is ample room!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anybody know if a 35x12.50 tire on stock rim will fit in the spare location with a 5" exhaust? I know it will fit with stock exhaust, but not sure if it will clear the 5". Thanks.
when I bought my truck, it had the stock spare under it still and the exhause was rubbing the tire and when I took the useless tire off it was melted a little...... so I dont see how a 35" tire would be able to fit, but I could be wrong

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well 67Cummins is the only one that said it fits, and he's the only one with a 6.7. Maybe the exhaust is routed different on the 5.9 Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wont fit...

I have 5" TBE on my 6.7 and run only a 33" or so.......
the exhaust doesnt run in EXACTLY the same location
I tried to get it in there.....aint happenin without flattening the tire then letting it melt on the exhaust

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks like enough room for a 35 under mine!? no doubt actualy

·
Registered
43 Posts
It will fit I just put a BADP 5"TBE on my dads truck it fits fine I wouldnt try & go any bigger but A 35/12.50 will fit

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just put a FBD 5" w/muffler under my 03 and it was close and I do have a 315/70-17 on the stock rim under there also. hope that helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts