Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running 33x15.50's? Pics? Thanks:popcorn:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen a couple guys running 33x14.50's with leveling kit. Is anyone runnning 33x15.50's at all? :popcorn:

·
Banned
393 Posts
I ran some on an an older 3/4 ton. WAY TO WIDE!!! i even ran pocket flares but couldnt ever keep it clean....and they rubbed

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I ran swamper tsl/sx 33x15.50s on an old dodge half ton. LOVED EM!!!! Would walk through mud like nothing. Just floated across. Looked bad a$$ too!! I like the steam roller look!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I defenitely like the wide stance. Just trying to get some ideas before :$:
I've got an 04 2500. If anyone has any pics of their trucks that would be great. I have a buddy that is running 33x14.50's with a leveling kit, and it looks pretty sweet. Just looking for other ideas. :thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Just remember on a 3rd gen truck you have to have at least a 17" rim size. I don't know any 33x15.50 with that big of a rim diameter. And any swamper will wear VERY fast on a CTD due to the weight. They wear fast enough on a light weight gasser! You'll be lucky to get 20,000 miles on these tires before buying new ones. That's a waste of money in my opinion. Just my .02 cents...... But they would look cool!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mickey Thompson makes the ATZ in a 33x15.50x18 :thumbsup. Those tires wear great. I had 36x15.50x20's on my F350 and they were awesome.:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Cool! Then go for it!!! Take pics for us!!! I just wish they were the MTZ's. That'd look SWEET!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As soon as I get the cash together to order them, I will defenitely take pics. Backspacing is what I'm not sure about. I'm not sure what my buddy is running, but I figured about 5"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah I defenitely like the wide stance. Just trying to get some ideas before :$:
I've got an 04 2500. If anyone has any pics of their trucks that would be great. I have a buddy that is running 33x14.50's with a leveling kit, and it looks pretty sweet. Just looking for other ideas. :thumbsup
Thank you!! haha i thought i was the only one i love the wide look with small tires chelk out my thread im trying to fine somone running 20x12's on a 33 inc tire seen it done looks great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to see a 33x15.50 on an 18 inch rim :thumbsup

·
Registered
793 Posts
the 15.50's are cool but watch the egt's if you have any mods.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
No offense, but what does the EGT's have to do with tire size? Just wondering?

·
UNDERCONSTRUCTION
1,333 Posts
cause of the extra weight you have to try and turn but a tire like that won't make a big difference if he was wanting to turn a 19.5 with a 285/70 id say yah it would be an issue.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That tire on an aluminum wheel probly still weighs the same or less than a stock E range tire on a steel rim. ALOT of us are running 35x12.50s with lots of upgrades with no EGT problems. That tire isn't heavy. It's a street tread. He'll be just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts