Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a set 315x70x17s cheap I know they will fit stock wheel but will they rub control arm? Second do I need a leveling kit to clear them and if I get new wheels what offset do I need? I get different answers form different shops. Tires are Dunlop Rover MT maxx which I believe have been discontinued.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Firestone/Bridgestone are the only E-rated 315-70-17 I'm aware of. I'd stick with them. If the MT's are discontinued in the event of a failure you won't be able to obtain one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had 315's BFG on a 06 and there was a slight rub at full steering stops.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Me too. I ran 315's on my 2005 with a slight rub at full lock either way. It didn't bother me at all. I don't know about the 4th gens, however.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Danderson you are correct and thanks had my buddy check the load range again and they are D so its a no go. thanks again.
Sure thing. That's a nice compromise size. I don't understand why more manufacturers don't produce an E in that size. Toyo offers an E in 315-70-16,so why not extend that width to the 17's?

·
Registered
131 Posts
stock wheels you will probably see crowning on the tire because it is so much wider. Could lead to increased wear on the tire. You could look at 285/75. almost the same height, just skinnier and will fit the stock wheel much better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.