Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently on my truck I have some ion alloy wheels with 265/75/16 tires. The specs on the wheels are 4" backspacing with -38mm offset. They are 10" wide I believe.
I'm looking to buy some 315/75/16 Kelly safari tsr tires. Anyone have any pics of a setup similar to wheelspecs andtire size?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Going to rub really badly with those wheels....

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in your opinion, what tire size wont rub? i have a 2" level and i figured they would rub a little but would be manageable.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Would have to stop at a 33" tire and even then it would be close. Im VERY close to rubbing the fender with my 315's on stock wheels, when i put my H2's on that will be as close as possible, i will rub the OE mudflaps at every turn as i currently only have about 3/4" clearance currently to the flaps.

305/70-16 would be your best bet. Better load rating too!

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would have to stop at a 33" tire and even then it would be close. Im VERY close to rubbing the fender with my 315's on stock wheels, when i put my H2's on that will be as close as possible, i will rub the OE mudflaps at every turn as i currently only have about 3/4" clearance currently to the flaps.

Jason
If i go with 305's i would like to get the fierce attitude mt's. Not a huge fan of mud terrains but they look really good to me. They are a bit cheaper too.

When i bought my wheels i didnt really have any intention of buying larger tires than 285's so never worried about the offset.

Anyone have any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i bought i set of 315 75 16 mickey thompson baja claws..couldnt pass up the deal. Paid $100 for a set of 4 with little over half tread left. Ill do what i can to make them work for now lol

Still hoping for some pictures..

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah not going to work at all!!!! I have a 2" leveling kit with 17x9 with -12mm offset 4.5" backspacing 315/70/17and without longer control arms they would have ripped the fender off on both side with any amount of turning.

no pics of how close they are but, yours are not happening, unless you plan on not turning!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I believe my wheels are only 8 1/2 wide not 10. My truck does have at least a 2" level not sure. My buddy has 35's with no lift and my truck still sits higher than his on my 265's. If they won't work ill just sell them and make a decent profit. Thanks for the pics tho!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Jason
Well..got them on..and they only rub a little at full lock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts