Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would these tires fit on my truck it has aftermarket rims with a bit of offset in them. adn how well are these tires in mud and all teh other stuff? thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
They work great in the mud and snow, ice - not so much. Very good road manners. I got over 35k on mine already.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Pretty long wearing tire. EXCELLENT wet pavement traction for a mud tire. Won't clear unless you have a big lift. Your W series truck has the old body style right? Small fenderwells. Major fender trimming, at least. I think the biggest you can go is about 32" The 315-75r16's are like 35x12.5.

Haven't slopped around with them, as anything my Dodge can do I wouldn't exactly call 'wheelin, but It's a good pattern for clearing out, and has the appropriate alternate scalloped lugs, so it should do pretty well. I think they are wearing better than Dunlops (wow!).

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
but they arent quite as good as toyo m/ts:T::T:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You might be right on that one, but you pay for it. My neighbor swears by those, and they are E rated instead of D rated, but I could care less about the rating personally as long as the front is ok, since I have four of them in back. I think both are pretty long wearing tires, but I think where the Toyos really shine is when you have a srw one ton, and need E rated for the load capacity.

I guess another thing about the E rated tires is the tougher sidewall. (more polyester plies) You definitely pay for those things, though.:$:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
you are right..and it does get pricey buying 6 at a time...they are also great for almost any app because they wear better then any other m/t but like you said...you pay the price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts