Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering putting a set of Terra Grapz 305 70 17 on a leveled 2011.

If anyone has pics of these tires on a leveled 2010 or 2011 it would be greatly appreciated.

My 2008 with level kit rubbed the passenger control arm with 35 12.5 17s...will the 305 tires do the same on the 2011?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The only reason they rubbed on the passenger side control arm is because you didn't have a adjustable track bar to re-center the axle left to right after you put the leveling kit on. When you lift it, the axle moves towards the drivers side, hence the need for the adjustable track bar.

IDK if the 4th gens are the same as the 3rd gens or not. But I kinda figure they are.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot Stuff - thanks for pointing that out...I do have an adj Thuren trackbar that I will add when the tires go on. So the 305s won't rub with the level and trackbar?

Would you mind posting a few pics of our truck as I would like to see the 305s on your setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The only pics I have are with my old 315's on H2 wheels. Nothing with my 305's. I'm getting new wheels in a couple weeks and will take pics then, but you'll have to wait. My trucks inside my shop right now for winter.

I ran the 315 BFG AT's, and then 35x12.50 BFG MT's, both on H2 wheels, and never had any rubbing at all. Here's both.........

315's....

35x12.50's....

·
Registered
258 Posts
305x70's no rub

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The 305's are a really good tire. I downsized to them because most tires this size only have a load rating of around 3000#, and the 305's have a load rating of 3640#, and I do alot of towing. I'm very happy with them. My only complaint is that the sidewalls are plain. I wish they had some sidewall lugs, or white letters or something. But I guess that's a minor complaint!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
305's will clear on a stock leveled truck with stock wheels? Jw since I'm ordering tires monday.

Stuck between 305/70 and 285/75 terra grapplers:confused013:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MikeH - you able to locate some 285 75s? Please tell me where?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Go wtih the 305's

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
305's will clear on a stock leveled truck with stock wheels? Jw since I'm ordering tires monday.

Stuck between 305/70 and 285/75 terra grapplers:confused013:
You're leveled, they will clear if you recentered the axle with an adjustable track bar when you leveled it. If not, they MAY, very slightly, kiss the passenger side control arm when you crank the wheels hard right. But it won't hurt anything if they do. I'd run the 305's. They'll fit. Hell, 35's fit with no lift.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I wasn't very clear, I'm at stock ride height right now and personally dont care to level it. Just curious cause I just got this 4x4.

The 285/75 are made by nitto, google nitto tire and their site will pop up

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Ok, sorry, I missed that.

Even stock, I'd go 305's. The extra height will help MPG on the road by raising your effective gear ratio, and lowering your rpm/mph. And the bit of extra "girth" looks good IMO!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Totally my fault, was trying slower on the iphone and my brain was going lol

Think I'm going to try out the 305's and see how she does, want to also pull the back spacers out between the springs and differencial. Wanting the low and wide stance :thumbsup:

Ok, sorry, I missed that.

Even stock, I'd go 305's. The extra height will help MPG on the road by raising your effective gear ratio, and lowering your rpm/mph. And the bit of extra "girth" looks good IMO!
:rof

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I have had 305 nitto terra grapplers for 10k on my truck and no rubbing at all, stock suspension since I havent installed my kore kit yet.

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
I had 305's with no leveling kit and they looked great without rubbing. Fixing to get another set.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wasn't very clear, I'm at stock ride height right now and personally dont care to level it. Just curious cause I just got this 4x4.

The 285/75 are made by nitto, google nitto tire and their site will pop up

They're also made by Toyo and "Yes" I know that Nitto is a Toyo company. The Toyo's (Open Country AT Load Range "E") have a load index of 128(3968 lbs) and a speed index rating of "S" (Up to 112 mph). The Nitto's (Terra Grapplers Load range "E") have a load index of 121(3197 lbs) and a speed index rating of "Q" (Up to 100 mph). I don't think anyone's going to be travelling at 112 mph or even 100 mph in their truck so I don't think the speed rating is any big deal, but there is quite a difference in the load index between the two. Also, the Nitto's aren't known for getting high mileage on HD trucks. The Toyo is priced about $70.00 per tire more.
The 285/75 is almost the same height (0.12") as the 305/70 but it is about 1" narrower in width.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The only pics I have are with my old 315's on H2 wheels. Nothing with my 305's. I'm getting new wheels in a couple weeks and will take pics then, but you'll have to wait. My trucks inside my shop right now for winter.

I ran the 315 BFG AT's, and then 35x12.50 BFG MT's, both on H2 wheels, and never had any rubbing at all. Here's both.........

315's....
Hey HS,

I noticed you sprayed your center caps. Did you spray over the chrome or did you have the chrome removed (If that's possible) and then sprayed the center caps? The color matched center caps look nice.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
My caps were the silver painted factory caps. Not chrome. Don't spray chrome. It won't stick very well.

Reactions: Jacqson

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Just got these, they are 305/70/17 E with 3640 lbs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My caps were the silver painted factory caps. Not chrome. Don't spray chrome. It won't stick very well.
Yeah, that's why I was wondering how you managed to spray yours and the paint stuck. I wasn't aware they came in silver non chrome. I think what I'll do when the truck arrives is see if the dealer will give me 4 silver caps in trade for the chrome ones on the truck. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.