Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

$3000 later and no diagnosis

788 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  dezl
I have an 01 with an edge chip, cold air intake and 4" exhaust. I have a loss of power that feels like the truck is struggling for fuel. It seems to happen after warm up and after a good pull up a hill at constant rpms the truck will accelerate much slower than normal. I do not have a boost gauge so I am at a loss there. I am not a gearhead so I dont understand everything about the system. I have had it to the dealership , $2200 later they told me there was nothing wrong, well it did it on the way home. Another shop told me it was a fuel issue and ran it with their gauges and no problems came up. No codes, fuel pressure seems to be ok, it must be something in the turbo?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I would highly doubt the turbo.. I would lean toward a VP$$. No real way to check a pure mechanical failure on a VP$$ except to elminate it.

Also look at fuel lift pump and make sure your Fuel pressure is not going under about 5psi when the symptom occurs.

Also a boost pressure sensor that has failed within range=meaning its not outside the parameters to log fault code. Need a scanner to check this and it may only be failed when your truck acts up. Hopefully this will help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.