Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jusxt got back from a 3000km road trip from fort mcmurray to winnipeg and back to edmonton, Mileage was pretty consistant, averaging 13.2-15 L/100km or 15-18mpg and the overhead display was bang on after the first full tank on the highway. However when the milage was at 13.2/100kms (which isn't too bad) I could watch the milage climb to 16L/100kms when the truck went into regeneration...what BS. Even with the price of diesel at 1.28L it costs about the same as my 98 GMC with a 350 to take the same trip. And I only had to fill half as often. Mileage still sucks big time in the city....

I hope they release the plug and play module for the dpf eliminate soon....I don't want to put in the eliminate till they have a better solution then clearing codes on start up. I can imagine the hassles they would give me with warranty and I had SES problems...BTW anyone else been given a hard time with warranty eliminating the DPF, I used to work at a dealership and our service manager always said we had to PROVE the failure was a DIRECT result of the aftermarket mods...which was hardly ever.

I heard there was a new kit coming out in june anyone else heard the same?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think there are two places making code free delete kits. BADP and Performance Diesel Inc. Check out their web sites. PDI in alot cheaper than badp. If I remember right it was 650 usd for the 4in kit. That's only about 300 or so canadian right? haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your mileage didn't seem that bad. Calculations taken on a computer mileage calculator are as follows:
13.2 L/100 kms = 21.4 mpg (Imperial)

15 L/100 kms = 18.83 mpg (imperial)

13.2 = 17.92 mpg (U.S.)

15 = 15.77 mpg (U.S.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Newbie here just got my 08 CTD, what the hell is DPF? and regeneration? Thanks...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Search around and do some reading. Great info all over.

DPF- Diesel Particulate Filter. Part of the Exhaust After Treatment system

Regeneration - Process of Cleaning out the DPF, which involves injecting diesel into the exhaust to cause enough heat to BURN out the DPF filters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts