Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 94' turned 300,000 miles today. However I've only had it for the last 4,000. Long enough to replace the pcm. Runs like a champ, tranny a little questionable. Looking to upgrade the Exhaust. What are the pros and cons of running 4'' straight pipe?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Pros, lower egts, more power, sounds better/louder. Cons, louder for other drivers (who cares)

·
Registered
429 Posts
hey man congradulations on 300. im sittin at 260 right now. best sound ever is a straight piped 12 valve. youll love it!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Mine is 4 inch straight pipe. 5 speed with 3.55's and at 55mph 1600-1700rpm in the cab noise is acceptable. Up around 2000 rpm though the exhaust drown is not so good, in the back seat is annoyingly loud.

Just cruisin around town it sounds good.

I might put on a aftermarket muffler as i usually go on 4 plus hour trips every couple months.

·
Registered
307 Posts
im gonna do stacks on the 95...but im gonna wait a few months till i get some $$$. Im thinking about cutting the stock can in the meantime...will it still sound decent wit stock exhaust stright piped?

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes they sound good straight piped even 3 inch stock. thats how i bought mine. its just better with a big down pipe that ends right behind the passenger's head:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 96 has a 4 in staight pipe and sounds great.

·
Registered
898 Posts
i got a 4 with stacks. when my flex pipe came off i couldnt even tell. was quite to me straight piped. genos used to sell some sound stuff and it worked great on my dad but they dont sell it anymore

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ya they sound great. Get on YouTube and look it up

·
Registered
67 Posts
flat bed

in not real sure where to post this but im lookin for a used flat bed worth the money! anyone know where i might find one of those in texas la ok ak????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts