Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 04.5 6 Speed 2500 Regular Cab 4wd It Is All Stock Except Exhaust And I Seem To Be Able To Get The Moniter To Stay Around 28 To 29 Miles Per Gallon If I Drive Easy And Under 55 Does Any One Else See This Or Is My Moniter Way Off? Today I Drove 75 Miles To School And Back And My Fuel Gauge Hardly Moved... I Havent Checked It Any Other Way Other Than The Moniter But I Hardly Use Any Fuel And Just Wanted To See What Everyone Thought Thanks

·
HI
3,440 Posts
the monitor is WWWAAAAAYYYY off. hand calculate it and then you will relize how far off it is.

·
HI
3,440 Posts
oh and :welcome:

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
i have an 04.5 the overhead NEVER goes above 23mpg.
did calculate by hand and its off by .5 - 1 mpg usually.
sometimes it reads 2 mpg off , not sure why the flux.
could be a thousand things.

i DO reset it everytime i fill up.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
dont know what i would do if the evic read 30 mpg.
it would feel like someone was lying to your face
and you knew it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
my dads 05 will read those kind of number constantly and hes not getting that. my of will sometimes read as high as 28 but im only getting in the low twenties hand calced

·
HI
3,440 Posts
ill tell you how far off mine is. the other day after a 2 hr trip it read 32mpg which i knew was way...... off but when i hand calculated it i was only getting 19mpg. i know most are not off that much but this is just an example.

·
HI
3,440 Posts
oh and dont trust the distance to empty either. when i had my 03 i was watching that and not the fuel gauge, well lets just say i had to walk about 5 miles with 2 five gallon gas cans that i had to buy. i was not a very happy camper that day.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
oh and dont trust the distance to empty either. when i had my 03 i was watching that and not the fuel gauge, well lets just say i had to walk about 5 miles with 2 five gallon gas cans that i had to buy. i was not a very happy camper that day.
:thud:

what mileage did it say you had left ?
just curious, i ran mine down to 52 and thought i had 50 left.
your # will be my benchmark. :rof

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I Have A 04.5 6 Speed 2500 Regular Cab 4wd It Is All Stock Except Exhaust And I Seem To Be Able To Get The Moniter To Stay Around 28 To 29 Miles Per Gallon If I Drive Easy And Under 55 Does Any One Else See This Or Is My Moniter Way Off? Today I Drove 75 Miles To School And Back And My Fuel Gauge Hardly Moved... I Havent Checked It Any Other Way Other Than The Moniter But I Hardly Use Any Fuel And Just Wanted To See What Everyone Thought Thanks

Since you're going to school; if you don't know how to compute actual mileage, ask your math/algebra/calculus teacher!!!!:rof You will truly be "enlightened" then!!!

·
HI
3,440 Posts

it was around 70 miles to empty. the damn fuel light didnt even come on.

·
HI
3,440 Posts

if your going to use my # as your bench mark then you better hurry up and get some fuel.

my 07 says i have 120miles till empty and i put 34 gallons in it today.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have had my number all the way down to zero and drove about five miles and it didnt run out

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I Tell Ya It Hardly Uses Any Fuel I Had A Duramax ANd It Seemes Like It Drank The Fuel But This One Seems To Do Excellent, Next Time I Get Fuel I Will Hand Calculate It And Let You Guys Know What It Realy is.... Thanks For All Your Input

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
My OH averages about 7% off.

On my dads 06 even if he resets it at every fill up it only uses a pre programed amount of miles, not since last reset. He can have 1000 miles since last reset and have towed for the last 1000 then drive 20 miles w/out a trailer and it will jump up 2mpg's, thats not real possible if its averaging since reset.

Anyone know how many miles it really uses?

My miles to empty is pretty good. I filled up once with 2 miles to go and put 33.7 in. Its supposed to read 0 to go with about 1 gal, IIRC. My light comes on with about 3 gals left.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
I ran mine down to 35 mte , only took 27 gallons, fuel light was on and a 1/16th of a tank .....:thud:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts