Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ladies and gentlemen, after three months of owning my 2014 3500 DRW, I have to say I am more happy today than I was the day I bought it. This truck is amazing. The interior is inferior to none, especially with all the gadgets and gizmos that accompany the Laramie Longhorn. The engine break is nothing short of fantastic. Truck looks amazing. Getting decent fuel mileage, which just put the icing on the cake. Just got the windows tinted, a B&W turnover ball, bug deflector, and side window deflectors installed. Now, it is put away for the winter. For anyone comparing the Rams to any other, I must say this is this one you want. I have owned all three brands now, and I must say, i am impressed.

Attachments

·
White Lightning
14,000 Posts
Now, it is put away for the winter.
Say it isn't so!!!! Glad you're satisfied with your rig. What brand of cover is that.....and what's the approximate cost???

·
Registered
152 Posts
Glad to hear your report, mind you, in 3 months its hard to judge reliability of the entire package. All vehicles feel great when brand new. I like the cover, is it from MOPAR ?
I have had numerous issues with my dually, from leaks( power steering pump, rear wheel seal) to DEF issues (many) , and a Turbo repair that turned out not to be needed as my power delivery issues still were not addressed after they "f fixed" the turbo, turns out after driving other 2013 and a 2014 the power is very lazy on the new ones and feel underpowered.. Rattles in the dash and rear seat area, these are to be expected with plastic parts, fastened with plastic fasteners:banghead:. The Aisin is shifting better after the last flash , but has a harsh clunk when downshifting to first still. Milegae is 9 towing and 13-14 mpg empty( not worried too much about it, i knew a 1 ton would suck fuel) Not as happy with this Ram as my last one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
3 months of ownership here also, and 5000 miles. One check engine lite (outside temperature sensor), other than that - so far so good. Got my fingers crossed - had a bad experience with my 2011 megacab diesel dually.

·
Joe @ DDP Motorsports
1,499 Posts
Well ladies and gentlemen, after three months of owning my 2014 3500 DRW, I have to say I am more happy today than I was the day I bought it. This truck is amazing. The interior is inferior to none, especially with all the gadgets and gizmos that accompany the Laramie Longhorn. The engine break is nothing short of fantastic. Truck looks amazing. Getting decent fuel mileage, which just put the icing on the cake. Just got the windows tinted, a B&W turnover ball, bug deflector, and side window deflectors installed. Now, it is put away for the winter. For anyone comparing the Rams to any other, I must say this is this one you want. I have owned all three brands now, and I must say, i am impressed.
X2 what brand of cover is that and what's the cost? Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Covercraft HP. Fits perfectly and I have had these covers for all of my prior trucks and they work wonderful inside and out. This one was $525...yes, it is a bit spendy, but these are $70k trucks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just an FYI, if your vehicle is registered in North Dakota, tinted side windows (driver/passenger) are not legal other than what comes as OEM tint.

Just trying to save you a ticket.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an FYI, if your vehicle is registered in North Dakota, tinted side windows (driver/passenger) are not legal other than what comes as OEM tint.

Just trying to save you a ticket.
The front can be 50% and the rear windows can be as dark as you want

Tint Laws

·
Registered
427 Posts
The front can be 50% and the rear windows can be as dark as you want

Tint Laws
This is the actual NDCC. It does state 50% light transmittance. Just be forewarned, if you drive anywhere around the Washburn area, you will get ticketed sooner or later. Other parts of the state do not seem to be as picky.

"An individual may not operate a motor vehicle with any object, material, or tinting
displayed, affixed, or applied on the front windshield or any window unless the object,
material, or tinting in conjunction with the windshield upon which it is displayed, affixed,
or applied has a light transmittance of at least seventy percent or the object, material,
or tinting in conjunction with a window other than the windshield upon which it is
displayed, affixed, or applied has a light transmittance of at least fifty percent. This
subsection does not apply to windows behind the operator if the motor vehicle is
equipped with outside mirrors on both sides that meet the requirements of section
39-21-38."

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the actual NDCC. It does state 50% light transmittance. Just be forewarned, if you drive anywhere around the Washburn area, you will get ticketed sooner or later. Other parts of the state do not seem to be as picky.

"An individual may not operate a motor vehicle with any object, material, or tinting

displayed, affixed, or applied on the front windshield or any window unless the object,

material, or tinting in conjunction with the windshield upon which it is displayed, affixed,

or applied has a light transmittance of at least seventy percent or the object, material,

or tinting in conjunction with a window other than the windshield upon which it is

displayed, affixed, or applied has a light transmittance of at least fifty percent. This

subsection does not apply to windows behind the operator if the motor vehicle is

equipped with outside mirrors on both sides that meet the requirements of section

39-21-38."

My front windows are 50, windshield has no tint, and back is 5% I think I'm good. No need to ticket me if I'm legal :). The law you cited confirms the source I posted earlier.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes he is right. I have gotten a ticket in N.D. for tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
5 months, 6000 miles and no troubles! This truck is no pampered garaged beauty queen..... it is regularly cover in mud from the jobsite and tows and hauls daily. Shifts in to four wheel drive almost daily. Solid truck....no complaints.

·
Registered
2021 3500 dually 4x4
430 Posts
Glad to see another happy Ram owner. Usually just complaints on forums. I too am happy with mine, 13,500 miles of completely trouble free ownership. I have not had a single problem with this baby, best truck I have ever owned.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the dreaded 2007.5 and I have 79,000 trouble free miles. My first two years of ownership I only lived 2 miles from work and the thing wouldn't even get luke warm on the drive over. I am almost always running empty and I just run the EB and use T/H a lot and it's fine. These are great trucks that have issues once in a while and if you get one of those very few trucks then life sucks and you try to get help from the smart people here. I can't wait to get my '14... hoping it's as good as my 7.5 :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad yours is working good. I've had mine for three months and it's been back to the dealer five times and still is having electrical issues. I have also been waiting for a new filler tube for the fuel tank for three weeks. Really poor customer support. Some work and some don't. Good luck, I am extremely disappointed with mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts