Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im getting ready to level up my 01 dodge 2500 and im going to need a 3" level to do this. i have read on here before about the "death wobble" that comes along with the level kits. is this going to be an issue with my 3" level kit from Hell Bent Steel. Another thing, am i going to need the sway bar drop bracket? new shocks? anything?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
New shocks are a good idea, drop brackets are needed and a good alignment is a must, or you can all but guarantee death wobble.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
No, the whole death wobble thing is about Caster. In order to free yourself of death wobble on a 3" kit you need to get a longer lower control arm. This will fix the issues on insufficiant adjustment.

·
Registered
216 Posts
would i get death wobble with a 2"?

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Doubt it, there is plenty adjustability in the caster.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
No. And to further elaborate, I had the alignment shop add about 2* of negative caster over stock spec to help with high speed handling.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just put in a 2" leveling kit(rubber spacers) and no death wobble. It needs steering upgrades though which are on the way..replacing a worn out tie rod end, adjustable track bar, new shocks, etc..

·
Registered
57 Posts
check your track bar if the bushing or the ball joint on the track bar have any movement its shot, i had the deaeth worbble did and alignment balance rotated them, n nothing. changed steering stabilizer and added the BD steering arm and wobbling like hell. bought a moog track tar before upgrading to see if that was the problem. it fixed it i drove that night to FL from NC doin 75 the whole way and it didnt wobble or even feel like it was gonna wobble once...hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts