Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm on my second 4th gen. Made the mistake of trading my g56 12 in for a 13 automatic, yes the 12 was deleted.. ( anyone gotta g56 they wanna trade me?l ) anyways I've been looking for leveling kits... Question is 2" will it give me some rake still? If so whaty brands the best? Is there a company that makes one less then 2"? And alignment or not after I install?

Again. I know its been beat to death.. But what's the best hid kit to get buy. By best i meean cheapest with just plug and play no relay this resistor thaty. Had hids on my 12, the eBay crap ..what a nightmare

Last but most important. How the f€®k do you pump fuel in a 13 with out the. Handle on the pump clicking off Every .03 gallons!
Any one with pics of leveled trucks please post pics

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Tuff Country 2" kit with shock extensions, will still have some rake.

I have had good luck with Retro Shop kits so far.

Fully insert the fuel nozzle, you have to get to the second flapper door in the filler tube.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you end up getting an alignment after installing the leveling kit

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tryed all the gas stations in now no matter how hard I push still can't get a steady flow going

·
Registered
576 Posts
Tuff country leveling and for hids I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit
http://bit.ly/1b4QwGP

The HId kit was recommended by another member. Looks like the key words to look for are 55watt and true canbus ballast with no added decoders and resistors. This is supposed to be a true plug and play.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Turn the fuel filler handle back and up to about the 3 or 4 o clock position it usually works. I still don't understand why they couldn't just make the filler door a little bigger like my ford had. It sounds like there hasn't been as many issues with the 14s. My dealer tried ordering a new neck but Ram already had several hundred on back order. I'm hoping that means they are addressing the issue. I think on some the two doors got molded in to far apart so the nozzle can't reach both doors unless its turned a certain way. My brothers early build 13 is the same way.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Tuff country leveling and for hids I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit
http://bit.ly/1b4QwGP

The HId kit was recommended by another member. Looks like the key words to look for are 55watt and true canbus ballast with no added decoders and resistors. This is supposed to be a true plug and play.

I went to the posted link and per their chart this part is not compatible with 2013/2014 Laramie ram??:confused013:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I went to the posted link and per their chart this part is not compatible with 2013/2014 Laramie ram??:confused013:
His compatibility chart isn't updated, however the link I can't find had a few members buying from him with success.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Morimoto ballasts RetroShop uses haven't been the greatest.....

Read more from here....

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/738201-hids-finally-5.html
There was a recall on the ballast, my replacement ballast have been flawless.

Contact Jeremy at Retro Shops or contact Retro Solutions directly for the exchange procedure.

Align after level kit installation,

Plug n Play HIDs from Jeremy at RetroShop.us - Custom Lighting,

Can't help with the fueling iissue

·
Registered
97 Posts
i put hids from ebay and there the best i ever used . made buy vvme 55watt 8000k . never had a problem with them . i used hell bent leveling kit 2.5 theres still a little rack . you have to stick the nozzle in pretty deep then your fine fueling .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the ones u got off ebay worked fine, i forgot to mention i do have quad lighing. i did it on my 12 the ebay stuff and horrible chasing of problems, i have 20" balistic jesters with 295s on them... just looks stupid with out a leveling kit, but i haul my gooseneck time to time and dont wanna look like im doining a wheelie!. im not looking to do spings kust a kit with no squeek or death wabble!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sTr8updiesel do you have quad lighting? and who was the ebay seller you got them from? was it a true plug n play or did you have to run a relay harness also?.. i know i know the dreaded drilling of the caps on the head lights

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whats it cost for hids through retro solutions? any discount from beings a member on the cummins fourm? again quad lighting!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts