Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I bought a 2wd trans and need a 4wd trans. The output shaft will obviously not fit into the t-case. I misunderstood and thought you could use the transmissions interchangeably by swapping the rear section of the housings . Is there any other option to making it work other than getting a 4wd trans??

Tried to have a driveshaft built and make the truck 2wd temporarily but the driveshaft would have to be too long for anyone to safely build, and I don't want to get into fabbing a crossmember for a 2-piece shaft.
Also, I doubt I can return the trans b/c it came from a private seller on the other side of the U.S.A.

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
you could get a new front case/input shaft for the t-case and run it as a divorced unit.... or buy an older divorced np205 and run that also....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how much that would be but I'm sure it would not be cheap.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Call Dan at Quad 4x4, the 2wd trans can be used but you need to change the output shaft as wel as the housing. Parts for these are way tough to find, but he may have them.
For ANYONE running the NV5600, there is a design flaw in the case!!! The fill plug is too low resulting in a lack of fluid to the output bearing. Once the trans is at the full mark you MUST pull the shifter and add another quart of fluid threw the top. I learned the hard way. Get the Fast Cooler and filter kit from Geno's, it's the safest money you'll spend.... Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts