Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to make my truck have 2wd low, reason is, i got a south bend con fe, and that thing is rough, i dont like backing up a 7000lb gooseneck in high range, 4 low is fine in the field, but on pavement it sucks. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet, I just need a way to keep the front axle from engaging.

·
Registered
245 Posts
there is a kit u can buy to do it and people have done it here....others will chime in...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
on my Jeep i just unhooked the vac. lines on the front end to keep it from locking it into 4wd. I recally seeing the same setup on the front axle while changing the oil the other day. I may be wrong though.

It still will engage the TC of course but wont lock in the axle itself, assuming it works the same way as my D30 did.

Jason

·
Registered
393 Posts
There's a cable actutor that you can use. I forget the brand name, but I got one installed on my truck. It eliminates the vacuum actuator. You can put the transfer case in 4W low, and use only the rear wheels. Check the cumminsdatabase.com I think there's an article on there about how to do it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the cable actuator is the best way to go i used several of the electric solenoid kits from geno's garage before i found the cable ones they both work good i simplify the vacuum lines to operate more like the cable cant find the part #on cable but geno's is bd-1030703 it is made by bd and you can also get it from them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts