Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if i found a stock set of 4wd front springs would that give me any lift?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Don't think the 4wd springs will fit on the 2wd. Daystar 1.5" and 2.5" coil spring spacers is a fairly cheap solution for lifting a 2wd truck. I have a 1.5" lift on my '03.

MikeyB

·
Vendor
1,136 Posts
I don't think that the front 4wd springs would work after comparing them on my trucks. However, here's how I leveled out my 2wd Mega Cab. I used rear 4wd springs with a front CST spindle and spacer with stock 4wd shocks all around. Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your mega cab looks good how much lift did you end up getting?> if i could lift mine that much i would definately have to get some pre runner fenders and a light bar for the front!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the 1.5" daystar spacers are only $35

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
the problem with the daystar kit is that when you install it your truck still wont be leve. When I had my 2wd 05 i ended up putting it on and t was a complete waste of money. I did the 2 in kit and was still about 1.5" lower in the front.

That red mega looks good by the way.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the problem with the daystar kit is that when you install it your truck still wont be leve. When I had my 2wd 05 i ended up putting it on and t was a complete waste of money. I did the 2 in kit and was still about 1.5" lower in the front.

That red mega looks good by the way.
I cant say that I agree, mine is pretty much completely level, and was very noticeable:

before: not the best pic as it is on a non level surface and it still had the old tires:

after (larger tires ate up some of the wheel gap):

the front sat WAY low before the leveling kit. the new tires are ~2.5 larger, and the gap is still a little bigger despite the larger tires. before the front say about 2.5" lower than the rear, now its only about .5 lower. Im really not sure what you were expecting, because my front definately sits atleast 1.5" higher (I measured after I installed it, and that was before the new tires were installed)

edit: I just measured the height of the smaller body line (the one under where the side markers sit), and the front is 3/4" lower than the rear. pretty good for a 1.5" leveling kit IMO.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
I bought the 2.5 leveling kit for my 2wd, but they said I need longer shocks. Will the 4wd shocks work on the front of mine?? :popcorn:

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
I don't think that the front 4wd springs would work after comparing them on my trucks. However, here's how I leveled out my 2wd Mega Cab. I used rear 4wd springs with a front CST spindle and spacer with stock 4wd shocks all around. Here are some pictures:

http://i25
.photobucket.com/albums/c93/ctcballer26/DSC03269.jpg
Did you do anything to the rear???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
his post says he is running 4WD leafs in the rear.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
He said 4wd springs, I was wondering if he meant leafs???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would imagine

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone have pics of 2nd gens wit 2 or 2.5 in leveling kits?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts