Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this should be in the suspension 2wd section but there is not alot of traffic there so I'm trying my luck here. Truck in my sig and the pictured avatar; I am looking to level my truck out and have read quite a few threads on this and every one has pretty much stated that "in my perspective" the ride quality greatly diminishes once installed. I dont really want that, I just want my truck leveled out and maybe max some 33'' tires to make a better "stance". I might not even get tires for quite some time cause the stock size I have now are new. I was wondering if anyone could speak up for the 2wd level kits? Maybe share your thoughts and experiences with them. Or for those who dont like lifting trucks would it make more sense to put lowering shackles in the rear.

(Please take note that I do not want to be a poser or want to "slam" my rig nor lift it 12'' and put 38'' on it, haha found that in a thread.)

Just simply a better looking truck. I like both options. The lowered stance is more racing like and the lift is more beefy/ tough looking. I use my truck as a DD and very rarely tow anything at all. I hope that I can choose which direction to go from this thread up or down as well as obtaining information about ride quality and other factors. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for the afternoon!

·
Registered
535 Posts
2" leveling kit with 285s. I love the leveling kit! It takes away that grandpa look of a 2wd, and a lot of people don't even realize that it's is just a 2wd until I tell them it is.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good looking truck!

Reactions: DodgeW250

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks bud!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i think i am going to go the drop shackle route on my 2wd. I have my 4x4 3500 for big mean truck look, and i think with some spacers to fit the wheels in the wheel well better it will look pretty good. and like you said I dont want that ricer look either so prolly just lower the rear 1.5-2 inches. it will make a big difference if your truck is a long bed! im also thinking some new springs in the front will help. i mean these trucks are going on 12-13 years old and the cummins isnt exactly light lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
2" leveling kit with 285s. I love the leveling kit! It takes away that grandpa look of a 2wd, and a lot of people don't even realize that it's is just a 2wd until I tell them it is.
That looks great, thanks for posting. Thats what Im gonna do to my 01. What brand spacers did you go with? Are those 16 or 17 inch wheels?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't remember what brand kit it is lol. Those are actually 18" rims.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Rwjjr

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I took the 5" rear spring blocks off and installed 2" blocks & new u-bolts to level mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation on deciding on going with the 1.5" spacers or the 2" spacers? Ive read about a few that have had some issues with the 2", so Im leaning towards the 1.5 " ones.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine are 2" no problems this far.

Reactions: Rwjjr

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think i am going to go the drop shackle route on my 2wd. I have my 4x4 3500 for big mean truck look, and i think with some spacers to fit the wheels in the wheel well better it will look pretty good. and like you said I dont want that ricer look either so prolly just lower the rear 1.5-2 inches. it will make a big difference if your truck is a long bed! im also thinking some new springs in the front will help. i mean these trucks are going on 12-13 years old and the cummins isnt exactly light lol
check to see if your coils up front are broken, both of mine are, and it looks silly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.