Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im trying to figure out a problem on my buddies '03.. when the truck is shifted into 2wd it says its in 4wd and when hes in 4wd low and 4wd high and nuetral it says its in 2wd... ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is manual 4wd selector with a 6 spd tranny

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Is there any work that has been recently done to the truck that somehow many have gotten some wires crossed?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the case has never been down or anything... just injector work about 3 months ago... recently put bd triple dog on but thats it

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
hmmmm i know this sounds weird but check fuses pull the i think that would be maybe accessory fuse could be wrong on that the owner's manual will say but pull the fuse and wait a min then put it back in and see if that doesnt re-flash it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sounded like a good try.. i tried it. nothin man. bully dog gave me a code
-PO8374wdswitch

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I know there is a sensor on the transfer case for the 4x4 maybe that sensor is going out??? anyway that you can go to a autozone and have it plugged in or maybe even just call a dealer and ask them what that code means?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i might try that. i unplugged the sensor and it didnt do nothing who knows if it is going bad.. im gonna call the dealership.. but thanks for all your help man

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My dealership said that they aren't pulling that code up.... I dunno they are typically pretty good... maybe you had some luck:popcorn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts