Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen and felt these turbos pull and I love them. Has anyone heard of swapping the HX for a TP38 Garrett from a p-stroke???:confused013:

· Registered
1,370 Posts
if its a OBS powerstroke then those turbos r not ball bearing. the one i had in my stroke, had the bushing in it go out and the shaft could move around. when i pulled it off i could move the shaft anywhere i wanted to about 1/2". the compressor wheel was chewed up BAD and had chips off the blades. but then again i was pushing 40 psi with it too, lol.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found some thru a shop that have the Banks "wicked wheel" upgrade and push around 375-450hp witha ported housing for quick spool. I just need to know what type of materials I need to mount it up

· Registered
1,370 Posts
u dont need a wicked wheel for a OBS turbo. those already have the wicked wheel. its the superduty turbos that need them. i doubt very seriously that a OBS turbo will support 400hp. not calling anybody's BS here jus sayin. the outlet size on OBS turbos r TINY like 2-2 1/4".

wat all r they doing to them to make them bigger/better???

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"This turbo has been upgraded with a Banks compressor wheel and a fully ported compressor housing for better airflow and higher turbo efficiency. On the turbine side it has been upgraded with a "Super Fast Spooling" A/R .84 turbine housing for a super fast turbo response (Spooling) and a lot more torque and power at lower engine rpm's."
This is quoted from the company that rebuilds these turbos.

· Registered
1,370 Posts
tha is jus a little turbo to make 400hp. even with ported housings. i ported the housing on my turbo and it was pushing 40psi, it jus didnt do it long. and that wasnt with a "quick spool housing". prollem with the quick spool housing is that yes itll give u real good take off and SUPER fast spooling but on the top end ull over speed the turbo and blow it up, henceforth wat i did. u can port and polish and do watever u want to make it flow more but in the end ur still gonna be spinnin the hell outta it and its a bushing turbo that was never made to do that.

alls i was sayin...:S:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.