Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a 79 ford swap with a first gen 12v and a 518. I dont have a tcase and was planning on using my ford 205 and changing over the input but then I'll have to build custom shifters etc... was thinking it might just be easier to use a second gen case if it would bolt up??

TIM

·
Registered
161 Posts
i SWAPPED A 5.9 INTO MY 79 FORD ALSO. I bought a adapter from advaved adaptors and used my fords 205 t/s. tuffer tranfers case. I only had to remove the o/d unit and shorten the output shaft about 5/16 of an inch. Then reinstall the o/d unit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I usred the stock ford transfer case shifter, just mounted it to a 6" x2" piece of flat stock. I put a 1" spacer on the rear of the mount. I'll try to get a picture.
The adaptor came with a stub shaft that is a female end for tranny and male end for ford t/c. I'll check my file for a part number.

·
Registered
161 Posts
the Advance Adaptor part number is 50-0207.It for a nv4500 but it will work on a A518. Don't forget to cut the output shaft on the A518.

·
Registered
161 Posts
How are you making out with the project?

·
Registered
3 Posts
rockmonkey u realize the bearing for the input in the dodge 205 is smaller then the ford np 205. u will have to machine a spacer. im doing a cummins conversion on a 78 ford f 250 and after talking to the guys at AA and offroad design with the a518 id run the AA kit to run the ford 205. the adapter is under 400 bucks. just my 2 cents. if my info is wrong sorry this is all hearsay. good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts