Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a sport front end? Really trying to get all my pieces together before it goes for paint

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Car Motor vehicle

always putting the ol girl to work. My brother is mainly going to be using the truck soon and he plans on fixing almost all the issues…. Unheard of a properly working second gen lol but honestly I’m excited to see how much it actually changes

·
Registered
19,310 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a sport front end? Really trying to get all my pieces together before it goes for paint
My basement. I have 3 sets of sport bumpers and grilles down there plus a set on my 98 dually. Anytime I come across them at a junk yard or part out I grab them. Most of the time people don’t know what they go for.

Reactions: bneaves2000

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
I asked a question, do you have an answer?

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
Sorr

just saying for the most part there’s a pile of issues with old second gens it’s just how most of them I’ve ran across not all but some
So there aren't any issues with 20+ year old Ford and Chevy trucks. Ever seen a 1st gen D-Max/Alli last more than 200,000 miles? For that matter, ever seen one of any generation being used commercially last more than 100k?

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
Sounds a lot like my 98 when i bought it... everything hacked apart and almost nothing worked.... i got everything working but the fuel gauge now.

I think its more of the owners breaking stuff rather than it actually failing...

The amount of trucks with $1000+ aftermarket air intakes and air horns and no AC or working gauged is quite high..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sounds a lot like my 98 when i bought it... everything hacked apart and almost nothing worked.... i got everything working but the fuel gauge now.

I think its more of the owners breaking stuff rather than it actually failing...

The amount of trucks with $1000+ aftermarket air intakes and air horns and no AC or working gauged is quite high..
Lol very well said! This thing just needs maintenance the previous owner just cared about how much power it could make while it’s pissing oil from every gasket seal the truck has. We went to a single battery setup also which will be in an upcoming video just because what we use the truck for dual isn’t needed and compounds are in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
I like steel wheels.. but the new wheels definitely look better and probably ride better too..

Wondering when 16s will become obsolete.

Reactions: 3guysgarage

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I like steel wheels.. but the new wheels definitely look better and probably ride better too..

Wondering when 16s will become obsolete.
Probably a lot sooner than we think! I had these laying around from my 4th gen so my brother scooped a set of spacers to make them work I really like the look

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
Anythings better than the terrible wheels it came with

Reactions: 3guysgarage

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well let’s keep the progress coming

Cummins front seal and killer dowel pin fix! Crazy transformation!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts